UConn respect appears to be very high | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn respect appears to be very high

Reaction Score
I told the story here, but I was in a board meeting where the board president made some half assed point about the value of teamwork and backed it up by saying he knew because he was a Villanova fan and they are pretty good basketball basketball team. I replied that I agreed with him and I knew because I'm a Connecticut fan and we are a better basketball team. The rest of the board collectively ohhhhhhh, like it was going to be an elementary school playground fight.

It's good to be a UConn fan.
Its funny because i watch some bball live streams and usually have a fun back and forth with opposing fans. Before last seasons title run it was an absolute barrage of smack talk from rival fans with a bit more venom to it. Id have to bite back pointing out our run of success and how we were on our way back or simply pointing out how at our best no one was going to beat the 23` team.
This season it was a bit toned down but fans of the teams we played in the tourney really went in on being able to be the team to knock us off but the worst were the Purdue fans. I warned them since last year and again this year and finally the teams met up and all discussion was put to rest emphatically.
Now its either congratulations or if someone tries talking smack i simply ask what program is the back 2 back national champ and has the most titles with 6 over the last 25 years and the debate ends pretty quickly. It is a beautiful time to be a Uconn fan. Crazy part is it looks like Hurley is set up yet again to keep the train rolling next season and the foreseeable future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom