UCONN Reopening information | The Boneyard

UCONN Reopening information

Reaction Score
Tentative: August 31

Reaction Score
My neice attends Central Connecticut (Blue Devils no less) and is still waiting to hear as of today June 10

Reaction Score
My neice attends Central Connecticut (Blue Devils no less) and is still waiting to hear as of today June 10
CCSU along with the other Connecticut state universities are reopening on August 26th I believe. It was announced a couple of weeks ago. UConn was the last university to formally announce their plan for the fall, and had a deadline of June 30 to make the decision, so it looks like they've done that ahead of schedule.

Reaction Score
Every once in awhile (usually after the third Bahama Breeze) I have this fantasy about opening the Courant and reading an article about Geno discussing how Paige's defense is improving, how much much quicker Christine is getting her shot off, and the fantastic difference he sees in this years rebounding compared to last years. The next morning my wife asks me "Did you have that dream again?"

Reaction Score
sounds reasonable and well thought out................let's hope the decline in new cases continues into the fall...........
Well thought out?! It sounds like something from the marketing staff; absolutely no specifics. If I were a parent, I would not be reassured at all.

Reaction Score
Well thought out?! It sounds like something from the marketing staff; absolutely no specifics. If I were a parent, I would not be reassured at all.

since I'm one of those parents with an incoming freshman (although not at UConn) I'm watching what schools in the area are doing very closely. I'm glad they have a reasonable structure in place..............clearly they are all still working on the specifics but since this is an unprecedented situation I'll wait and see what they come up with before I make any final judgments......

Reaction Score
What happens if we are hit with a second wave, what happens if one or more UConn players are infected? Does whole team get quarantined? It is not an idle question. Several returning athletes in other programs were found infected.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
since I'm one of those parents with an incoming freshman (although not at UConn) I'm watching what schools in the area are doing very closely. I'm glad they have a reasonable structure in place..............clearly they are all still working on the specifics but since this is an unprecedented situation I'll wait and see what they come up with before I make any final judgments......
Just curious if you and your child have considered the possibility of taking a “gap year” by deferring their enrollment until next year?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just curious if you and your child have considered the possibility of taking a “gap year” by deferring their enrollment until next year?

yes I've thought about it but usually gap years are for self discovery and under the present circumstances I'm not sure what would she be able to accomplish during that time. If we knew with some certainty that there would be zero campus living for the entire year that would have made it more interesting......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom