UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Nelly rocked a UCONN shirt in his video for The Dilemma

BYPl4O4CIAARzsi.png

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Great thread idea.

I've noticed rapper Wale is a big fan of sports references in his music and has made 2 uConn references that I know of personally, one of which is one of my all time favorite lines.

First reference, I believe the song is "Champion" but if someone asks I can look it up, it goes : "Ridin in that all black Yukon (/UConn), you know what the el-Amin! (/hell I mean)" Very clever and a great use of a double entendre.

Second Wale UConn reference in the song "The Posse Cut": "my ballon to the Maya Moore's yes, I'm way better than all of them"

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Great thread idea.

I've noticed rapper Wale is a big fan of sports references in his music and has made 2 uConn references that I know of personally, one of which is one of my all time favorite lines.

First reference, I believe the song is "Champion" but if someone asks I can look it up, it goes : "Ridin in that all black Yukon (/UConn), you know what the el-Amin!" Very clever and a great use of a double entendre.

Second Wale UConn reference in the song "The Posse Cut": "my ballon to the Maya Moore's yes, I'm way better than all of them"
I thought he and rudy had some problems but i guess not...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
can't find it but lisa ann said that she wanted to meet kemba/thinks kembas cute... forgot which one it was

Reaction Score
The one area in which UMass will always have us beat.

Reaction Score
I'm a product of 90s/early 2000s hip hop. For those who are (or aren't) Toolzie is for real, a good rapper. Like no joke. The album he put out in 2004 is amazing. His opening for Kanye in 2004 at spring weekend after the title was way better than Kanye's wak a** performance where he was criticizing the sound system at Gampel.

Anyways, check him out. In the meantime - I can't seem to find the audio but the lyrics from a 2004 Joe Budden freestyle:

"I hate guns like I hate condoms, don't like the feel to it/But gotta be safe, so I still use it/Black lottos or get at ya'll in my timbs cuzzin/Hit you with the lead, I'm Hacksaw Jim Duggin/This ain't cute/n*gga this is way past a fluke/Ask Okafor, I'm way past duke"

Reaction Score
Underground Connecticut Rap Legend - Apathy: CT

-----------
Uh, yeah, I'm on that CT .
Like prayin' UConn win the championships.
All over the world, got fans of this .
So pick me up at Bradley, I'm landing at 6.

I do shows out of state tryin' to rake this dough,
Signed to a major label tryin to make this blow.
Got love, but if anyone wanna hate this though;
Come and see me in the 860.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Today I was listening to the song "The Autograph" by J. Cole and heard a reference to Caron Butler. Was wondering if anyone knew any other songs where UConn alum are referenced?
Thanks fir starting this thread - it's something I've thought of before (that we don't have enough UConn references). Looks like we do OK, of course we could do better.

I smell an @tcf15 mashup maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET