UConn Receiving Votes | The Boneyard

UConn Receiving Votes

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love UConn - but this is ridiculous
Who cares at this point of the season
Let's see if this team and coaching staff can work off the big win and carry forward
No need to repeat the post Cuse win performances of last season
EVERYONE has something to work on - starting with the substitution pattern to AG and his jump shot
Buffalo will a very tough opponent and If UConn can get past them Xavier awaits

Reaction Score
I thought we'd have gotten votes if we were 3-0 after Florida. I'm pretty surprised that there were 2 voters that seemingly overlooked the St Joes debacle
It was actually one voter. Someone ranked us at #24 and that counts for 2 points.

Reaction Score
I love UConn - but this is ridiculous
Who cares at this point of the season
Let's see if this team and coaching staff can work off the big win and carry forward
No need to repeat the post Cuse win performances of last season
EVERYONE has something to work on - starting with the substitution pattern to AG and his jump shot
Buffalo will a very tough opponent and If UConn can get past them Xavier awaits

It's far from ridiculous. It's a small sign that UConn is moving in the right direction. Being ranked is HUGE in terms of exposure Nationwide. When you are getting votes, at least you are starting to get noticed. It feels good to be ascending finally.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought we'd have gotten votes if we were 3-0 after Florida. I'm pretty surprised that there were 2 voters that seemingly overlooked the St Joes debacle

Well if you look at St. Joes differently, we played about as badly as we could play. They played about as well as they could play. We still darn need pulled it out, erasing over 20 points of lead. It's not hard to take the view that it was an aberration. Then we beat Florida. Now we add what Rothstein says is our most talented guard/wing. Do we lose to St. Joe's with Bouknight? Probably not.

Reaction Score
Uconn has the potential to be the type of Top 40 team that pulls a few upsets or surprises in March and that no one wants to see as a possible matchup in the round of 32. Florida has the potential to be a scary top 20 team that no 1 or 2 seed wants to face in the S16. If they reach that potential is another story...

Reaction Score
Vital, hotdog that he can be, made a very smart, unselfish play at the end of the game. Instead attempting a tomahawk "look-at-me" dunk (putting us up by three with a couple of seconds remaining for them to take a trey), he dribbles out the clock. Perhaps Hurley's message is finally beginning to get through. It's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, that matters.

Reaction Score
Vital, hotdog that he can be, made a very smart, unselfish play at the end of the game. Instead attempting a tomahawk "look-at-me" dunk (putting us up by three with a couple of seconds remaining for them to take a trey), he dribbles out the clock. Perhaps Hurley's message is finally beginning to get through. It's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, that matters.
Already up 3 that would’ve been 5 but he already had missed 1 first half. Would’ve been bad if he missed that and then we ended up going to OT

Reaction Score
I imagine that some people vote based on how other people vote, so nice to have someone break the ice for us. Means that if we keep winning we will garner more votes. Which ultimately helps as we move towards February...

Ultimately you have to win games, but seeding, etc sometimes is based on reputation - assuming we win enough to get there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom