UConn RB Arkeel Newsome has been a machine catching passes out of the backfield for the Huskies (PFF | The Boneyard

UConn RB Arkeel Newsome has been a machine catching passes out of the backfield for the Huskies (PFF

Reaction Score
He’s just the type of back nfl teams covet. Would not be surprised at all if he makes an nfl roster.
He needs to greatly improve his pass blocking but if he keeps getting better at it then I can definitely see him as a 3rd down back in the NFL. He's already improved a lot from last year.

Reaction Score
He needs to greatly improve his pass blocking but if he keeps getting better at it then I can definitely see him as a 3rd down back in the NFL. He's already improved a lot from last year.

Agreed. He'll get the Sproles, Woodhead role in the NFL and will probably see a lot of success in that role if he continues to improve every year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He’s just the type of back nfl teams covet. Would not be surprised at all if he makes an nfl roster.

Good player and I'm sure he'll get an invite to a camp, but I don't know that he'll cut it in the NFL. For as electric as Arkeel is, he really isn't fast--he's shifty. I think that his lack of top end speed would inhibit him from running after the catch in the way that he does in low level FBS play

Reaction Score
Good player and I'm sure he'll get an invite to a camp, but I don't know that he'll cut it in the NFL. For as electric as Arkeel is, he really isn't fast--he's shifty. I think that his lack of top end speed would inhibit him from running after the catch in the way that he does in low level FBS play
BUZZKILL

Reaction Score

He doesn't have true break away speed it seems but he sure finds massive amounts of space somehow. I am thoroughly convinced that the AAC has major FBS speed though. I think we see overwhelming speed on the field sometimes. This league is going to catch up very soon if ESPN pays us enough to keep coaches.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
it’d be easy to say Diaco misused him the last 3 years but in his defense there weren’t a lot of options. Did we want RonJohn running 25 Times a game? Speaking of him, he must have seen the writing on the wall with Hopkins and Mensah to bounce this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom