UConn Ranked Second In Lindy's 2023 College Basketball Edition | The Boneyard

UConn Ranked Second In Lindy's 2023 College Basketball Edition

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Could you post the top 25 for us
No, did not have a pen when I was looking at the magazine and cannot remember the complete rankings. If I had been thinking I could have put this in another thread about rankings that has already been posted. :confused:

Reaction Score
Second seems to be the most common prediction for us this season.

A little off topic, but do any of you old folks remember the days when sports magazines were the main source of information for hard core fans. Maybe back to Little League age when I would keep looking at the magazines in a 7 Eleven to see if Street and Smith's annual magazine was out yet for Baseball, Football, and Basketball.

There were several others of course, but in those days I couldn't wait for those magazines to arrive. I'm glad Lindy's is still doing it!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score

A little off topic, but do any of you old folks remember the days when sports magazines were the main source of information for hard core fans. Maybe back to Little League age when I would keep looking at the magazines in a 7 Eleven to see if Street and Smith's annual magazine was out yet for Baseball, Football, and Basketball.

There were several others of course, but in those days I couldn't wait for those magazines to arrive. I'm glad Lindy's is still doing it!
I used to do the same thing. Whenever I entered a store I checked out the magazine section looking for the basketball preview. Usually, one of our girls were on the cover.

Reaction Score

YES!! Street and Smith's was the Bible, especially when it came to college & pro basketball.

Reaction Score
The rankings will come into focus over the first month of the season. I really think UCONN will have the ability to dominate really good teams with their offense and hold their own plus a little on defense. This will be a very exciting first month of the season for all the fans of UCONN WBB.

Reaction Score
It doesnt matter where you are ranked before the season starts. What matters is where you are ranked at the end. With a healthy and stronger Paige, Caroline, Azzi, Amari, Aubrey Ayanna and Ice plus an improved Nika, Ines and Aaliyah. I think we will be #1 at the end of the season. Got to include some really good freshmen to give the starters a blow in the mix as well.
GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
YES!! Street and Smith's was the Bible, especially when it came to college & pro basketball.
I used to get all the Sport's magazines since we had to sell magazines in high school Sports Illustrated (when it was weekly and good), Sport, Inside Sports, Basketball and Football and Hockey and Baseball Digests and The Sporting News among others. I also loved the weekday paper The National in its short life around 1990.

Reaction Score
The media will keep LSU at No 1 unless they lose, no matter what the eyeballs see.
Well perhaps the LSU team gets mesmerized by Las Vegas’s over the top glitter and glamour, the perfect reflection of their coach‘s game time wardrobe, and loses its November 6th opener versus Colorado. Then UConn ascends to Number 1 in the polls. One can only hope.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If UConn goes undefeated till their Big East play then they will be #1. With their SOS there is no way they should be behind LSU.

Reaction Score
If UConn goes undefeated till their Big East play then they will be #1. With their SOS there is no way they should be behind LSU.
Sarge, I hear you, but SOS says nothing about how good you are, or are not. Just like your zip code says nothing about you as a person (unless it's a South Bend zip).

I will agree that deep into the season a team with a 15-2 record and an impressive SOS should be higher ranked than a team with a 15-2 record and an embarrassing SOS.

Reaction Score

Yes, I remember. There was a magazine, who's name escapes me now, that actually included stats for minor league baseball. This was more than half a century ago. But I would buy a copy each month to scan which players were doing well and about to hit the major leagues.

Reaction Score
Well perhaps the LSU team gets mesmerized by Las Vegas’s over the top glitter and glamour, the perfect reflection of their coach‘s game time wardrobe, and loses its November 6th opener versus Colorado. Then UConn ascends to Number 1 in the polls. One can only hope.

I have no problem with LSU being No 1 in the AP poll. I prefer imperfect computer ratings to media opinion polls and the more the spotlight shines on LSU the sweeter it will be for me later.

Reaction Score

I agree about should, but the AP will continue to follow their past practice where a preseason No 1 has to lose to drop. The media is trying to generate interest.

Reaction Score
Well, it’s somewhat comforting to know that their two main guards/outside players, Rice & Osborne, aren’t exactly sharpshooters from outside. Unless they’ve greatly improved their percentages Geno will have the option of at least occasionally double teaming Betts should the need arise.
Fortunately, we have Geno et al on the bench and they’ve dealt with big, skilled players before!

Reaction Score
Nothing! Tara kept her under wraps! Who knows? She was the top ranked player in her class, played well on the us u19 team and she’s 6’7” though, so I’m not gonna dismiss her.

Reaction Score

I really used to look forward to the Sport magazine, especially the football and basketball issue. I have several I saved from the sixties and seventies . I get the Lindy now but find they are really off key when it comes to picking where teams wind up. I think they had Uconn at 24 or 25 last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom