Uconn Ranked 9th Best College Program in Last 50 Years | The Boneyard

Uconn Ranked 9th Best College Program in Last 50 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The funny thing about that is if you add up their points they actually have 398 points not 431 and should be much further down the list. So either they reported their points wrong or seem to have a added points for no reason to move them up.

Reaction Score
If they only use 25 years we're darn close to (if not) #1.

Reaction Score
I saw that Cahusky, after I posted it unfortunately. I still want to know how Syracuse ended up ahead of us with a reported 431 points when if you add up their total it is 398. Seems even more ridiculous that it is 7 months old and not corrected.

Reactions: caw

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
..have a added points for no reason to move them up.

No reason? How about kicking Big East ass for 25 years? There's your reason.

Reaction Score
I think you misread. Syracuse is reported to have a total of 431 points making them 9th, when you add up their totals for the 5 decades they have 398 points. That means for some reason 33 points were added to their total. I don't think there is any special points given for kicking Big East ass for 25 years and if there was Uconn would get it not Syracuse.

Reaction Score
I totally accept that there was a time before HCEJC. In another 10 years, when JB is gone and whoever has the unenviable task of filling his shoes is in place, cuse will fall to the bottom of the ACC with BC along with there gimmicky zone defense....meawhile, KO and the rest of the Huskies and boneyarders will be laughing at the other ACC blue bloods like we are laughing at the orange fans now. UConn > Cuse, UConn > ACC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think you misread. Syracuse is reported to have a total of 431 points making them 9th, when you add up their totals for the 5 decades they have 398 points. That means for some reason 33 points were added to their total. I don't think there is any special points given for kicking Big East ass for 25 years and if there was Uconn would get it not Syracuse.

So you're saying that 25 years of kicking ass isn't worth 33 bonus points?

Reaction Score
They set up a point system to rank the teams. They are given points for winning percentage, ranking in their conference, tournament wins etc. So points for kicking ass as you put it are included. The remaining 9 teams in the top ten have their numbers add up for each year to their accumulated total. But Syracuse for some reason has 33 points more in their total than they had in the 5 decades included. I don't think Syracuse kicked anymore ass than Uconn has and don't deserve any additional points for this imaginary ass kicking they were supposed to deliver. Simple fact is according to the ranking system they set up Syracuse should be inferior to Uconn and not above them. Since Uconn has won as many regular season Big East Championships and more Big East Tournament championships than Syracuse, I am wondering where this big advantage in kicking the Big Easts ass that Syracuse is supposed to have had for 25 years (according to you) happened to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom