UConn Ranked 17th Best Public University | The Boneyard

UConn Ranked 17th Best Public University

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
http://dailycampus.com/stories/2016/2/23/uconn-ranked-seventeenth-best-public-university

"Buffalo Business First on Tuesday ranked the University of Connecticut as the seventeenth-best public university in the United States.

The 2016 ranking is two spots higher than UConn’s No. 19 ranking in 2015.

“Our students keep getting better and we continue to make great progress as an institution,” Stephanie Reitz, a spokeswoman for the University said. “We’re pleased but not surprised that others are taking note of this.”

Business First reviewed 477 public universities across the United States. Each school was ranked based on 20 factors including selectivity, diversity, costs and prestige."

Reaction Score
Nice news. Really surprised at Maryland at #11. I always thought we were about the same/a slightly better school than them. I know we are usually above/tied with them in US News rankings.

Reaction Score
UConn is a damn good school and getting better.

We are so miserable we don't understand how well UConn is perceived around the country.
We have become a great example of how a Northeastern public university can over come bias towards public higher education. We have terrified all of the over priced and over rated private schools in the region. As I have posted before, UConn makes it hard to justify dropping another $125k on junior's college by sending him to (pick the school). I'll say Syracuse.

(I still revel in being miserable though.)

Reaction Score
This list is a good example of why I tell people the "B1G" doesn't regret adding Rutgers (28th)...Nebraska (73rd) maybe, but not Rutgers. You just have to understand that the "B1G", in terms of expansion, is the presidents of the schools and not Jim D or the AD's, coaches or fans. This list also justifies to me that my belief that UConn will eventually be in the B1G is on target. Congrats to UConn and to the 12 B1G schools that made the top 37.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nice news. Really surprised at Maryland at #11. I always thought we were about the same/a slightly better school than them. I know we are usually above/tied with them in US News rankings.

Yes, I'm surprised too. Especially since College Park, MD is a pretty miserable place in my opinion (wife and sister both went to grad school there...I turned down the law school, which is in Baltimore anyway).

Reaction Score
A lot of people don't like to admit it, but the recession was the greatest thing to ever happen to UConn. Smarter high school students decided to give the big state school a chance and realized that we had a great value and great academics in our own backyard.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm surprised too. Especially since College Park, MD is a pretty miserable place in my opinion (wife and sister both went to grad school there...I turned down the law school, which is in Baltimore anyway).

Have you been back since? College Park was a pit when i was an undergrad, but it's significantly better now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom