UConn quarterback Cale Millen, in his unique role, turns opponents’ heads when he takes field (Amore) | The Boneyard

UConn quarterback Cale Millen, in his unique role, turns opponents’ heads when he takes field (Amore)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> When Cale Millen checks into the game for UConn, it’s a good time to put down your sandwich or drink and pay attention. Something interesting is bound to happen.

“All 11 players on the defense start pointing and yell, ‘No.10 is in,’” Millen says. “And whatever checks that may be, whatever that means to them, it doesn’t affect me because we’re going to execute whatever play it is, whether it’s a pass or a run.” <-

->“Cale just keeps getting better,” coach Jim Mora said. “He’s worked through some shoulder issues he had, and he’s throwing the ball better, and he’s a fierce competitor. Early in the season, we were pretty predictable. He came in, and it was a run. Now, we use some trick plays. When you have talented players, it’s up to you as a coach to get them involved in the plan, and that’s something Nick does a great job with.” <-

-> “I’m so happy with my decision in coming here,” Millen said. “I’ve loved every second of it, Coach Mora and Coach Charlton brought me in and it’s been a great experience so far. We’re starting to turn this football program around for the better.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds
Top Bottom