Uconn QB Coach Moorehead to Fordham | The Boneyard

Uconn QB Coach Moorehead to Fordham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congrats to him. Hopefully he does well there and his next gig is as a I-A head coach somewhere.

This allows P to pick his own QB coach, and saves money that can be used to keep the assistants that he really wants to keep (hopefully Foley).

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Congrats to him. Hopefully he does well there and his next gig is as a I-A head coach somewhere.

This allows P to pick his own QB coach, and saves money that can be used to keep the assistants that he really wants to keep (hopefully Foley).

Good luck to him, but its time for PP to continue to put his stamp on the program.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Moorehead... All the best... Actually thought he might've been headed to Edsall's Terps if he didn't get this gig...since MD just lost their OC...

Reaction Score
I don't think Uconn will hire a QB coach, I think that position was made for him due to Edsall leaving so late that he didn't have a chance to find something else, just my opinion.

Reaction Score
RE might looking for a job soon. DC maybe? Secondary coach?

Reaction Score
What is the likelihood of moorehead taking nebrich along with him? He did recruit the kid and with Whitmer coming nebrich might want to bounce? I wouldn't think nebrich is pleased with his playing time either. Coaches stuck with mcentee all year even when he sucked. They never gave mike nebrich a 'real' shot.

Reaction Score
What is the likelihood of moorehead taking nebrich along with him? He did recruit the kid and with Whitmer coming nebrich might want to bounce? I wouldn't think nebrich is pleased with his playing time either. Coaches stuck with mcentee all year even when he sucked. They never gave mike nebrich a 'real' shot.
C'mon the kid is a freshman. He can really complain about playing time??

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hopefully Moorehead can spread his wings at an underrated football school. Should be a great opportunity for him.

I wonder what his former boss thinks?

secret-to-my-success-hard-work-young-men-and-lots-and-lots-and-lots-of-inside-draw.jpg

Reaction Score
Fordham actually has tons of football tradition. If he can turn things around there they could become a pretty decent FCS program. But its a bit of a Catch22 as if he turns that program around - he'll get tons of other offers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Interesting. The recent career progression seems to go UConn offensive coach to head coach in Manhatten.

Reaction Score
I don't think Uconn will hire a QB coach, I think that position was made for him due to Edsall leaving so late that he didn't have a chance to find something else, just my opinion.

Might as well save the money.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Moorehead... All the best... Actually thought he might've been headed to Edsall's Terps if he didn't get this gig...since MD just lost their OC...

I'm not sure he has any particular love for Edsall. They were clashing towards the end of Moorhead's second year.

Reaction Score
Congrats to coach Moorhead. I really liked how the offense looked in his first game against Ohio. Even if they weren't executing, in large part to due to Frazer's erratic accuracy, you could see the offense was designed to stress the defense and keep it off balance. Gradually Edsall's tentacles erased what looked like what was meant to be a wide open offense, but good luck to both in their current jobs. Count me in as someone who expects Moorhead to be wildly successful at Fordham. He is incredibly young as well.

Reaction Score
Interesting. The recent career progression seems to go UConn offensive coach to head coach in Manhatten.

Fordham is in the Bronx, and there is no E in Manhattan, but yeah, two OC's to NYC...

Reaction Score
Oh stop! Nebrich was a true freshman. He probably played more than 90% of the true freshman quarterbacks in college football. I doubt more than a handful even got a shot at the starting job never mind
getting on the field. We've brought in a JUCO for next year which will likely give him back his redshirt year, too.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Now officially official, per Dez.

Presser set for tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members