UConn projected 2.6 wins, rated 124th in Brad Powers’ 2021 CFB Power Rankings and Preview | The Boneyard

UConn projected 2.6 wins, rated 124th in Brad Powers’ 2021 CFB Power Rankings and Preview

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Expecting a very positive UConn outcome at Fresno will subtract 10 points from all of these. Good chance to sneak up on Fresno and set us in the right direction.

Last edited:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The body bag game gettin’ 54.
And laying 2 to Worcester Catholic and dogs to the Elis.
yikes

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We suck. We didn't play football this year, we might lose the first game by 50.

Reaction Score
Head scratcher. Zero respect for UConn.
Relax and take the wait and see method. These publications are not tell all. For us they have nothing recent past to work from but where we finished last.
They, if we all look close are only accurate half the time and the top of the crowd makes that shooting fish in a barrel. Thus improving their so called prediction ratings.

No attack @BlueDogs but look at how far off so many of the prognosticators where in both men's and women's March Madness. Both the women's and the men's games before and the finals proved the old axiom of why they play the games.

Now get your tickets soon and stop by my wet teddy bear cart just outside of gate D. GO HUSKIES... ;)

Reaction Score
Zero respect for UCONN football. How far have we fallen? How many more chances will Edsall get? If we don't see any improvement this year, this has to be Edsall's last.

It is very tiring getting our nuts kicked in week in and week out.
Respect needs to be earned. No one has played for a full21 months before the first snap. Just hope no one gets crippled v. Clemson.

Reaction Score
Relax and take the wait and see method. These publications are not tell all. For us they have nothing recent past to work from but where we finished last.
They, if we all look close are only accurate half the time and the top of the crowd makes that shooting fish in a barrel. Thus improving their so called prediction ratings.

No attack @BlueDogs but look at how far off so many of the prognosticators where in both men's and women's March Madness. Both the women's and the men's games before and the finals proved the old axiom of why they play the games.

Now get your tickets soon and stop by my wet teddy bear cart just outside of gate D. GO HUSKIES... ;)
True. On any particular day an FCS team can beat FBS opponents, but they are the exception. In any year there are about 100 match ups, and about 8-9% of the time an FCS team prevails. As a matter of pure statistics, getting 4 from Yale is a pretty generous line and shows no respect for the boys. I can’t blame them as much as the REtread running the place.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross -2 and Yale +4? Queue Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect"

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone would be particularly surprised by any of this. In the 19 season we beat mighty Wagner and UMass and pretty much got manhandled much of the rest of the way. Now, we haven't played in football for a year. Yes, the guys are probably bigger and stronger, but the rust will take quite a while to scrape off. It's going to be a very difficult start to the season and the hope is that they can hold together and work to improve throughout the season.......and not give up.

I'm not even sure I want to watch the Clemson game..........

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I can't blame them for predicting this. We are coming off a 1-11 season in 2018, a 2-12 season in 2019, and no season in 2020. There aren't any positive signs of life to think we'd be any better this year. I'm not saying I agree with the predictors, just saying I don't blame their thought process.

Like many have said, this team needs to earn respect if they expect to get any. I guarantee they know this and I'm sure the coaching staff is driving this home as well.

Reaction Score
Did I read this right? Yale is expected to beat UConn in football. If Randy and the team cannot pull out a victory over Yale heads must roll immediately.

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone would be particularly surprised by any of this. In the 19 season we beat mighty Wagner and UMass and pretty much got manhandled much of the rest of the way. Now, we haven't played in football for a year. Yes, the guys are probably bigger and stronger, but the rust will take quite a while to scrape off. It's going to be a very difficult start to the season and the hope is that they can hold together and work to improve throughout the season.......and not give up.

I'm not even sure I want to watch the Clemson game..........
Everyone knows the Clemson game is merely a payday for UConn. We all know we are going to get blown out. The only thing I can see remotely happening is Clemson over looks us and we keep it close. Even so, I'm trying to go to that game in SC. Should be a fun experience. Minus the getting destroyed part.

Reaction Score
The question is...how long will it take to build a relevant football team? Relevance will be defined individually by folks, of course...but I see relevance as capable of winning 7-8 games, winning a bowl game.

You can win four by scheduling...but ultimately you have to beat FBS and mid level P5 teams.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Holy Cross -2 and Yale +4? Queue Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect"

UConn's players and coaching staff haven't done anything in past four years to earn respect.

Fortunately all the players and staff have to do this year is win.

Reaction Score
I'm calling it now.... I say we take out Vandy at Vandy.... and we will beat Yale....there's others I believe we may very well pull out, but I'm not going to say anything about those.... just yet... these particular 2 mentioned kinda ticked me off...

Reaction Score
UConn's players and coaching staff haven't done anything in past four years to earn respect.

Fortunately all the players and staff have to do this year is win.
TBH, I'm taking these lines with a grain of salt at this point. They're going to change once we get closer to the season and during the season. The only one I really see staying consistent is Clemson. But I still would like to go to that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom