UCONN PRIDE and SHOUT OUT/UP/DOWN to RECRUITS ON THE FENCE | The Boneyard

UCONN PRIDE and SHOUT OUT/UP/DOWN to RECRUITS ON THE FENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know a guy that played on a championship team in the Suburban Philly league that Kobe Bryant played in, and then on the only team in history that defeated Wilt Chamberlain's club five out of five, and then
on a state championship prep team in NJ, and then on an Ivy League Championship team. And here is what that guy had to say tonight:

"Is there any kid or parent out there in whom UCONN has an interest, who is still not leaning toward UCONN after witnessing all that we all saw tonight on the tube? From the special segments involving the UCONN coach, players and program , to the game itself, and ESPECIALLY to the post-game emotions and comradeship wherein a SUPERstar player tearfully deflected glory away from herself to a teammate ?

If you are such a kid or parent, then please don't come to our cow pasture. Here's why: if we never win another basketball game because your kid didn't come here, know that at least one of us could give a flying hoot in hell. I LOVE winning, but I'm dead serious. We've been given so much more by this staff and program and teams that is so much more important than a win or a loss. And the kids in the program are given so much more in terms of values and character development and bonding than wins alone will ever provide. If you don't understand that and can't see that, then please don't come to our cow pasture. You will not fit here. And the odds are that if we should go winless from this point forward, we will proceed in life with more pride than you will likely ever know. Not because of our records and wins but because of the kinds of young women and families who have entrusted themselves to the UCONN staff and program in order to learn and experience the truly important things in life."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hated watching this ugly game until it came to me: THEY won it. Not Stewie, not KML, not MoJeff, Morgan, Kia, Kiah or any 3 or 4. No, they confronted something they had not all year and sucked it up and seized a Nat'l Championship. This was in every sense of the word a team win. Gratifying. Will stand those who remain in great stead and will etch our departing players, yes particularly K, in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom