UConn Pregame pressers Elite 8

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Wow. That stinks.

Thank You.
Get off my Lawn.

Reaction Score
Nika won't be playing tomorrow, don't know how much progress she might make in a week if we advance.

Shea will not be back during the tournament. NCAA policy is she cannot reenter the bubble because she was there and left.
Actually, there are only five days until the final four games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Last question when asked if Geno ever gets mad at Paige

Yes every day. Like today, when Paige said she was so excited to play the Iowa game, Geno wnt after her and said. "You call that excited. That first Q, I have seen people in a coma more excited

Of course, for Paige, it goes in one ear and out the other but I feel better saying it.

Reaction Score

Nika won't be playing tomorrow, don't know how much progress she might make in a week if we advance.

Shea will not be back during the tournament. NCAA policy is she cannot reenter the bubble because she was there and left.

Geno doesn't think UConn, as the 2nd #1 seed, should have to play Baylor in the E8. Baylor should have been seeded higher.

Some of the covid rules are stupid. Examples: Whole team can practice together, but when returning to their rooms only 4 can get in the elevator at once. Teams can't go outside (to use the pool deck, for instance - even if they were to schedule it for only one team to use at a time).

Reaction Score
They shouldn't talk about Nika's injury. No point in giving Baylor any help in their preparation by knowing who is playing/starting.
What if he was faking everyone out and Nika surprisingly starts the game?

Reaction Score
We talk sometimes about the day Geno packs it in. Very distressing. But for all his demonstrated skill in coaching up his kids, won't we miss his amazing sense of humor, too?
Other than winning and developing great players his humor will forever be missed. As I have pondered when that day may come I have also noticed just how much Geno has changed with the times. By this I mean not many men in their later 60's can relate to young women in their late teens. I get he has three women beside him to help in that department but his evolution is palpable.
Having said that It leaves me to believe he is enjoying what he does and will be around for some time. Coaching is a hard job to leave when you enjoy it, players and coaches become family. Can't wait for his next one liner about one of the family.

They shouldn't talk about Nika's injury. No point in giving Baylor any help in their preparation by knowing who is playing/starting.
No biggie here as Geno could have simply used an answer like "it's questionable". He simply realizes it is meaningless information. All the teams are in the same area and assistants can see who is hobbling to practice, on crutches or wearing a boot.

@nutmegger As to faking them out I highly doubt someone with Geno's reputation would stoop so amateurish. No attacks just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Geno being Geno.....Our coach is a smart and sly fox....he really gives nothing away that's of real value to the opponent. He lauded Baylor and stayed very positive about them. His great sense of humor overshadows his true feelings, especially his game plan tomorrow....I don't worry about Coach...lot's up his sleeve.
He really cracks me up with the humor...recalling taste of bacon, boxed food left on the floor. whistling imitating calling the famous dog, Lassie, a bowl of water on the floor...4 to an elevator and his unusual relationship with Paige, yelling at her every day and telling her that she was in a coma in the 1st quarter.
He has a lot on his plate and getting older makes it more difficult....I know! If we beat Baylor it will be on Dr. Auriemma...at least 50%. The game should be a war and have us BY'ers nervous as hell. UConn is more than lucky to have him. Go girls!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Other than winning and developing great players his humor will forever be missed. As I have pondered when that day may come I have also noticed just how much Geno has changed with the times. By this I mean not many men in their later 60's can relate to young women in their late teens. I get he has three women beside him to help in that department but his evolution is palpable.
Having said that It leaves me to believe he is enjoying what he does and will be around for some time. Coaching is a hard job to leave when you enjoy it, players and coaches become family. Can't wait for his next one liner about one of the family.

No biggie here as Geno could have simply used an answer like "it's questionable". He simply realizes it is meaningless information. All the teams are in the same area and assistants can see who is hobbling to practice, on crutches or wearing a boot.

@nutmegger As to faking them out I highly doubt someone with Geno's reputation would stoop so amateurish. No attacks just my opinion.
I agree.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
"I'm surprised they haven't put a bowl of water out there." ?

Reaction Score

Geno doesn't think UConn, as the 2nd #1 seed, should have to play Baylor in the E8. Baylor should have been seeded higher.

Some of the covid rules are stupid. Examples: Whole team can practice together, but when returning to their rooms only 4 can get in the elevator at once. Teams can't go outside (to use the pool deck, for instance - even if they were to schedule it for only one team to use at a time).
I understand and appreciate the covid precautions but many things related to covid just don’t make sense. Like how the players can play 40 minutes of game action in each other’s space, but can’t shake hands. Or how players who test negative can play without masks, but the coaches who test negative have to wear them. I understand it’s all to reduce risk, and am appreciative we even get to have a tournament this year. The elevator rule is certainly an interesting one

Reaction Score
I understand and appreciate the covid precautions but many things related to covid just don’t make sense. Like how the players can play 40 minutes of game action in each other’s space, but can’t shake hands. Or how players who test negative can play without masks, but the coaches who test negative have to wear them. I understand it’s all to reduce risk, and am appreciative we even get to have a tournament this year. The elevator rule is certainly an interesting one
That's because the majority of the people making the rules are clueless. They're basically like auto mechanics who just change car parts out (and charge you for it) hoping they eventually change out the right part to fix your car. They're just guessing. Like the old joke: What do you call a medical school student who graduates last in their class?................................. A doctor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom