UConn pregame/post game media | The Boneyard

UConn pregame/post game media

Reaction Score
For anyone that follows both the men’s and women’s teams, especially those who follow the beat writers on Twitter, have you also noticed a huge discrepancy in availability between the teams all season? For example, this week, we had pregame info with Coach Hurley on Monday for the Marquette game Tuesday (which gave us the heads up that Akok would be out), substantial postgame quotes after the game Tuesday, and a pregame meeting yesterday for the road game against Xavier tonight with further information.

To compare, no pregame media availability for the women on Tuesday or yesterday, and all we got postgame was maybe 2 quotes from Geno and one from CW.

Anyone else notice this or have insight as to why this might be? Again, it is something I have noticed all season, but especially this week.

Reaction Score
Too many snakebites to keep up with makes questions about player availability simply unanswerable. And as a reporter, that would be the big news I'd be trying to unearth.

Reaction Score
For anyone that follows both the men’s and women’s teams, especially those who follow the beat writers on Twitter, have you also noticed a huge discrepancy in availability between the teams all season? For example, this week, we had pregame info with Coach Hurley on Monday for the Marquette game Tuesday (which gave us the heads up that Akok would be out), substantial postgame quotes after the game Tuesday, and a pregame meeting yesterday for the road game against Xavier tonight with further information.

To compare, no pregame media availability for the women on Tuesday or yesterday, and all we got postgame was maybe 2 quotes from Geno and one from CW.

Anyone else notice this or have insight as to why this might be? Again, it is something I have noticed all season, but especially this week.
To be honest I haven’t tracked super closely the media coverage and availability of the men’s team, but I see extensive availability of the women’s team. Their last game was the first time I can recall only one player being made available post-game, and even that press conference with player and Geno was 20+ minutes long. So if there were only 2 quotes that came out on Twitter, it’s not because they only talked for a minute or two. They always seem to have at least 2 and sometimes 3 players available in addition to Geno. Geno regularly does 20+ minute press avails — pre- and postgame. Also, I’d note that the women have been very thin this year so they don’t necessarily have as much bandwidth as in normal times.

Reaction Score
Non-game day press availability is usually limited to one day per week during the season, but there's no guarantee. Maybe the team will practice tomorrow before leaving for Marquette and that'll be our one day for this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom