UConn Pre-Season 14 in ESPN's too-early rankings | The Boneyard

UConn Pre-Season 14 in ESPN's too-early rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...25-2013-14-season-ncaa-men-college-basketball

41.gif
14. Connecticut Huskies: Kevin Ollie did an excellent job under difficult circumstances last season, when the Huskies -- who were banned from postseason play -- had nothing to play for but still managed to go 20-10. It seems safe to assume Ollie's second season will be even better, especially with the return of guards Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright, who will combine to form one of the top backcourts in the country. The twosome averaged 32.5 points and nine assists this season. Double-digit scorers DeAndre Daniels (12.1 points) and Omar Calhoun (11.1 points) also return. Connecticut ranked second to last in the Big East this season in rebounding, so Ollie's team must get tougher in the paint.

I think this is pretty reasonable, both in position and in analysis. If one of our big guys can help with rebounding, Napier is healthy, Boatright is okay being more of a distributer, and Daniels continues his progress, I think we'll be better than this.

But after a year off the map? I'll take it.

Reaction Score
This seems about right at this point in time. A tournament caliber team that will most likely be returning all of its players (minus RJ Evans and plus a few freshman). I wouldn't expect too much of the freshman, but they certainly give us more depth and size. Everyone else on the roster should get better over the offseason.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Sounds about right to me.

The continued development of Omar, Daniels and some of the frontcourt guys will be huge. We know what we have in Bazz, he's a true leader. Boat needs to be more consistent and learn how to change speeds and when to distribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom