UConn Practice Win Sheet | The Boneyard

UConn Practice Win Sheet

Reaction Score
Back in June, there was a Borges article about Hurley's practices and mentioned something called a win sheet:

The workouts are hard, with constant motion and players rewarded or punished for even small things, like failing to touch a baseline during a sprint. Fouls aren’t called (unless a guy gets “clothes-lined,” according to Hurley) so that players can compete and play though contact. Every drill is timed, and there are winners and losers in virtually every aspect of practice ..... Players get points for positive production in practice, and the totals are posted on a “win sheet” throughout the Werth Center. Entering Friday’s practice, Duquesne grad transfer Tarin Smith sat atop the list with 21.5 points, followed by Carlton with 17 and senior Eric Cobb (who has already shed about 20 pounds from last season) with 16.5

Jalen's most recent insta-story is a video of that list and here are the totals from what I could see:

Brendan Adams - 35
Jalen Adams - 34.5
Kwintin Williams - 30
Tarin Smith - 29
Josh Carlton - 26
Eric Cobb - 23.5
Isaiah Whaley - 23
Christian Vital - 23
Sid Wilson - 22
Alterique Gilbert - 18.5
Kassoum Yakwe - 16.5
Tyler Polley - 14

Reaction Score
This is probably where the positive talk about Brendan Adams has been coming from.

Good to see buy in fron adams. These kibds of tallies are all about hustle, and thats exactly what he needed to be at the next level.

Carlton and Cobb next to each other coincidental? Those two have been battling.

Wouldnt worry about rique. He is allowed to never dive on the floor again.

Sid should be doing better.

Yakwe wasnt at school for a while, no surprise.

Polley is weak here. We need him to be better.

Probably not much to read into here. But its fun anyways

Reaction Score
Probably not much to read into here.

Could have started with this. The numbers tell you who is busting their humps at practice. While that's good to know, and it can only make you better, talent is still a better starting point (not finishing point -- starting point) in terms of measuring who can really lead us back to being UConn.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Could have started with this. The numbers tell you who is busting their humps at practice. While that's good to know, and it can only make you better, talent is still a better starting point (not finishing point -- starting point) in terms of measuring who can really lead us back to being UConn.

Yep, so its good to hear Jalen is busting his but.

Reaction Score

Makes for benching Polley an easier discussion.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not surprised Kwin is in the top 3, kid always hustled in game. Nice to see the old and new Adams at the very top though. I have high expectations for both of them.

Reaction Score
Good to see buy in fron adams. These kibds of tallies are all about hustle, and thats exactly what he needed to be at the next level.

I was going to post this exact thing before I read your post. It's the only takeaway that matters from this.

Adams is buying in and he's giving a darn.

Now let's hope you get points for making 3 3s in a row.

Reaction Score
This is probably where the positive talk about Brendan Adams has been coming from.

Carlton and Cobb next to each other coincidental? Those two have been battling.

Wouldnt worry about rique. He is allowed to never dive on the floor again.

Sid should be doing better.

Yakwe wasnt at school for a while, no surprise.

Polley is weak here. We need him to be better.

Probably not much to read into here. But its fun anyways
Polley so reminds me DD
Increasing his athleticism is a high priority for him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was going to post this exact thing before I read your post. It's the only takeaway that matters from this.

Adams is buying in and he's giving a darn.
Agreed. If Jalen is used and motivated properly and he starts to get national buzz about being one of the top players in the country--which he should--his success will also be a tremendous recruiting tool for Hurley. And it might help ease @Matrim55 's pain over the prior mishandling of Jalen, which he frequently decried.

Reaction Score
Polley so reminds me DD
Increasing his athleticism is a high priority for him.

Agreed. DD was seriously earthbound but made up for it with length. I think his combine #s may have been close to the worst that year.

I'm2 not sure Polley has 13/5 potential like Daniels. But he has GOT to make his body priority #1. 6'8 shooters will have a role on just about any team if they can play moderateoy good D.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love seeing Jumpman at the number 3 position. It would be a great story if it actually turns into game minutes.

Reaction Score
Polley and Whaley have been dealing with minor injuries, so that might have had some influence on their numbers.
A few names have asterisks next to them: Whaley, Gilbert, Yakwe at least. Can’t tell if Polley does, but he’s riding up the tail. Presumably the asterisk denotes some type of excuse such as an injury.

Reaction Score

Hustle can overcome talent - just think Pete Rose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom