UConn players in NBA summer league | The Boneyard

UConn players in NBA summer league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rundown of stats for UConn guys I saw on train quick scroll thru:

DHamilton, OKC: 16.6mpg in 5 games, 5.8PPG, 3.6rpg, 1.6apg, 34.6% shooting

Boat, Pellies: 3 games, played 12mins, 12 mins then 4 mins scored 8pts, 2pts, then 2pts

SGibbs-Wiz: 1 game, 18 minutes, 2-4, 8pts (2/3 on 3pt)

SMiller, Jazz: 2 games, 9mpg, 3 total pts and a rebound

Shabazz, Portland: 15 mins, 5pts, 1 assist, 2 steals (not sure if that's 1 game or average)
(hopefully backup for Dame is real possibility, would be ideal for Shabazz)

Deandre Daniels sighting! Raptors: 2 games, 7.5mpg, 3pts in each game, 2 - 5 shooting, a rebound

NBA.com - NBA 2016 Summer League Player Index

Reaction Score
Rundown of stats for UConn guys I saw on train quick scroll thru:

DHamilton, OKC: 16.6mpg in 5 games, 5.8PPG, 3.6rpg, 1.6apg, 34.6% shooting

Boat, Pellies: 3 games, played 12mins, 12 mins then 4 mins scored 8pts, 2pts, then 2pts

SGibbs-Wiz: 1 game, 18 minutes, 2-4, 8pts (2/3 on 3pt)

SMiller, Jazz: 2 games, 9mpg, 3 total pts and a rebound

Shabazz, Portland: 15 mins, 5pts, 1 assist, 2 steals (not sure if that's 1 game or average)

Deandre Daniels sighting! Raptors: 2 games, 7.5mpg, 3pts in each game, 2 - 5 shooting, a rebound

NBA.com - NBA 2016 Summer League Player Index
Good job. thanks for the stats and the link.

Reaction Score
Bazz only played 1 game so far. Hit his head on a teammates knee and was held out for concussion protocol. Word is he looked pretty good in the 3 quarters he played

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Not a good showing from our guys.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watched a little bit of DD yesterday. Looked active on the glass But a little lost on D. Had a 3 rim out and got stripped trying to go by someone. Not super impressive at all.

Reaction Score
I watched the Pelicans the other day for about a qtr.
Bazz actually looked better st PG ,penetrated and found guys for open threes
He also looked a little heavier.
He had the ball in his had a significant amount of time on offense while I wstched
If you just played offense he wouldn't have a problem but guarding much bigger guys is a problem.
I watched his replacement for a fed minutes,t the guy looked tentative on offense and the Pels offense slowed right down
Their opponents killed them on the boards however

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Bazz started and played the majority of minutes until coming off with a head injury. He was undercut on a driving lay-up, fell to the floor, then got kneed in the back of his head by one of his own guys who was charging in for a potential rebound (Bazz made the shot). He stayed down for 5 minutes, then walked off with an icepack on the back of his head. Didn't see any blood or hear if it was a concussion or not, but he didn't re-enter. He also didn't look woozy or unstable as he walked.

In the 15 minutes he played he was very, very quick with the ball, and got to the hoop almost at will. Problem was he did not finish his lay-ups, including two "how the **** did he miss that????" ones. His jumpers weren't forced shots -- they were in rhythm, just didn't go in.

Not sure how he wasn't credited with two assists, since he had two that I can remember very clearly. On the first he threw a little head-fake at the 3-point line and then got a step on his defender, drew help from the wing, and hit Layman in the corner for a 3-pointer. Very, very nice play in that he read the defense, knew where the help was coming from and punished it.

On the second it was semi-transition. He had the ball at the top of the key, made a pass fake toward the far corner, then as the defense switched (the defense was trying to get their big back underneath the hoop) he found the right split-second to hit Cliff Alexander underneath for an uncontested dunk -- watch it at the 14-second mark of the highlights. Again, it was a very, very good bit of PG play.

Defensively he was mostly excellent, picking up the opposing PG at halfcourt to slow their ability to get into the offense, and producing two steals from that sort of play. He also did a good job of fighting through pick-and-rolls (he has a knack for avoiding screeners), which blew up some sets. On the downside, he was easy for Murray (a big PG) to shoot over in isolation, and that's never going to change.

Bazz is one of four New England kids on the Trailblazers roster, along with Layman, Vonleh & Connaughton.

Reaction Score
Shonn saying "which way did he go?"

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Shabazz on now sporting the black headband. I kinda like it.

Reaction Score
Isiah thomas with some nice words about bazz, claimed he would definitely take that 3rd pg role on portland. bazz has looked good too really plays well with vonleh which would be key in many POR second units. Also layman and conneton, POR has a fiesty little bench.

Reaction Score
I watched the Pelicans the other day for about a qtr.
Bazz actually looked better st PG ,penetrated and found guys for open threes
He also looked a little heavier.
He had the ball in his had a significant amount of time on offense while I wstched
If you just played offense he wouldn't have a problem but guarding much bigger guys is a problem.
I watched his replacement for a fed minutes,t the guy looked tentative on offense and the Pels offense slowed right down
Their opponents killed them on the boards however
Sorry I hope you knew. I was talking about Ryan Boatright

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Isiah thomas with some nice words about bazz, claimed he would definitely take that 3rd pg role on portland. bazz has looked good too really plays well with vonleh which would be key in many POR second units. Also layman and conneton, POR has a fiesty little bench.
And now Bazz is injured again - strained or sprained left shoulder on a collision with Aaron Craft (who is a POS) right before halftime. Bazz is done for the day.

Reaction Score
And now Bazz is injured again - strained or sprained left shoulder on a collision with Aaron Craft (who is a POS) right before halftime. Bazz is done for the day.
yep dumb play the blazers gm poked fun at it when doing an interview, but also had nice words for bazz. ( neil olshay)

Reaction Score
Not a good showing from our guys.
Yeah, I think only good news to this point is Lamb has finally graduated OUT of the summer league.

Of the six guys I don't know that anyone other than Shabazz has a shot at an NBA roster. Best bet is D-League for D-Ham & Boatright too if he's willing to do that instead of take $ overseas.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Gibbs has a chance at making the Wizards, he's played very well through 2 summer league games. They'd have to take him as a 3rd PG though with the Trey Burke pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom