UConn opens as 2.5 point favorites over Holy Cross | The Boneyard

UConn opens as 2.5 point favorites over Holy Cross

Reaction Score
Surprised Holy Cross isn’t favored. This UCONN team is abysmal, and the Holy Cross team is significantly better than the team that lost by 7 to UCONN in 2017.

15 years ago I would be shocked if UCONN lost to an FCS school. Now? I am expecting at least one loss this year to an FCS program. I just think it will be Yale

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
EVEN by kickoff… my prediction. Holy Cross will be amped up for this game, we’ll be still licking our wounds from opening against Fresno.

Reaction Score
Bigger question -- are there more UConn or Holy Cross fans in the building? It would probably be possible to count them individually. (Heck, you'd probably have time to write a name tag out for everyone during halftime.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Like beating your sister. You lose you’re a loser. You win you accomplished nothing. You destroy them, you have no class.
To having no class...
people you may know cheers GIF by The Orchard Films

Reaction Score
EVEN by kickoff… my prediction. Holy Cross will be amped up for this game, we’ll be still licking our wounds from opening against Fresno.
But UConn will be looking to prove something for sure. If they get up they will pour it on until the end.

Reaction Score
UConn played last week but HC did play (and practiced) during a shortened Spring season....guessing that somewhat balances it out etc.

HC is getting better and better under Chesney. He has recruited very well, often getting guys with FBS offers elsewhere.

Hard to tell where HC will be offensively, particularly in our Week 1....lot of guys (WR, RB) who expect to start, played very little or not at all during the Spring due to either injuries or covid issues. The QB Sluka is mostly untested having really only played a couple games....he's very athletic though.

I think HC will mostly hang its hat on its defense. The LB Dobbs is a helluva player/All-American candidate.

Reaction Score
2 interesting comments in this thread....”this team is abysmal” funny making this assessment after a 120 degree temp football game, first game in 2 years. Missed a couple wide open what should have been TD passes, a questionable fumble/TD call, some bad clock management and 2 missing starting DEs. Defense looked very good in first quarter and much of the second half. Can’t make that assessment after 1 game, you just can’t

The other comment about bashing an FCS school.....really? Agree that they come out pissed and ready to make a statement...it would be called making a statement/getting some momentum win going into Purdue.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
”this team is abysmal” funny making this assessment after a 120 degree temp football game, first game in 2 years. Missed a couple wide open what should have been TD passes, a questionable fumble/TD call, some bad clock management and 2 missing starting DEs. Defense looked very good in first quarter and much of the second half. Can’t make that assessment after 1 game, you just can’t'

this is the best, concise, review and critique of the last game that i've read. nailed it. ur going to mess up all the experts when u say 'Can’t make that assessment after 1 game, you just can’t.' what else will they have to obsess and hate aboot?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
UConn played last week but HC did play (and practiced) during a shortened Spring season....guessing that somewhat balances it out etc.

HC is getting better and better under Chesney. He has recruited very well, often getting guys with FBS offers elsewhere.

Hard to tell where HC will be offensively, particularly in our Week 1....lot of guys (WR, RB) who expect to start, played very little or not at all during the Spring due to either injuries or covid issues. The QB Sluka is mostly untested having really only played a couple games....he's very athletic though.

I think HC will mostly hang its hat on its defense. The LB Dobbs is a helluva player/All-American candidate.
i respect a fan, so kudos.
i've also had my fill of ur coach cleats and how i should tremble in my shoes. now.........................................................................
call it. who wins?
(i don't care aboot point spreads) i say UConn.

Reaction Score
Before the Fresno State game, I thought it would be embarrassing if we didn't beat HC by 3-4 TD's. Now I'm seeing the spread after last weeks' abysmal effort and thinking a 10-point win would be great.

How embarrassing that we are in this situation.

Reaction Score
Had anyone actually seen a “real” line on this game? I can not find anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom