OT: UConn opens -5 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn opens -5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I almost feel like we win by double digits or we lose. Don't like our chances in crunch time right now in a tight one - due to our between the ears issues. One of those times I'll take an unconvincing one-point win, just to get the ship turned back in the right direction. Not looking for aesthetics.

Reaction Score
i think there is a distinct possibility we come out and win by 20 tomorrow....

(or as you'd believe from reading this board... we lose again and everyone on this board jumps off a bridge)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
First, I'm not jumping off a bridge or throwing in the season - I think they'll be there in March.

However, I would be suprised with a win tomorrow - just not enough turn around time to correct problems. In two weeks, they win the game, but unfortunately, they play tomorrow on one day off. I'm not optimistic.

Reaction Score
One of those days an enthusiastic home crowd would really help, but Im not expecting that.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
In most years a quick start and a 10 point lead to start a game would put them on the road to a big win but with this team this doesn't seem to be the case. This inability to play a complete game limits the role the crowd can play. When we get up most expect a pendulum shift the other way so they may not get behind the team as much as they could if the team had killer instinct.

Reaction Score
I've mentioned it before, but this team goes on runs less than any other good team we've ever had. The leads we've built have usually been methodical. Then when the other team makes a run, we'll only put, at best, a 4-0 run back on them which is quickly answered. We don't combine baskets with stops. I'd like to see a big offensive play followed up by a great stop, and maybe a fast break off of it. Or maybe Lamb getting his hands in the passing lane to extend a 4-0 run to 6-0 and give us a little bounce in our step on the next defensive possession. Things can snowball positively sometimes - lately we've only seen avalanches.

Reaction Score
UCONN fans are lucky. We have JC and other teams do not. I would rather have bad games in January because I know that if their is a chance we can get it together we will by the end of the year.

We could lose by 20 or win by 20 - at this point I have no idea what is going to happen. But I know that JC will get the best out of our players- whatever that means at this point in time.

Reaction Score
UCONN fans are lucky. We have JC and other teams do not. I would rather have bad games in January because I know that if their is a chance we can get it together we will by the end of the year.

We could lose by 20 or win by 20 - at this point I have no idea what is going to happen. But I know that JC will get the best out of our players- whatever that means at this point in time.

I would never bet against UConn in March or April. Also I am risk-averse come March Madness. Betting against UConn is high risk during that time frame. UConn would be more like a high rate of return government bond or index fund come tourney time. A rare occurance but UConn is somewhat unique with the best tournament coach in the United States.

JMHO and I hope I'm wrong on this 1 and UConn pounds WV.

Reaction Score
I would never bet against UConn in March or April. Also I am risk-averse come March Madness. Betting against UConn is high risk during that time frame. UConn would be more like a high rate of return government bond or index fund come tourney time. A rare occurance but UConn is somewhat unique with the best tournament coach in the United States.

JMHO and I hope I'm wrong on this 1 and UConn pounds WV.

Yeah I think UConn will right most these issues in the long run, but I agree it's hard not to take the points here. Even if we come out with the energy we did against SJU, West Virginia has enough firepower to hang around and keep within striking distance.

Of course, if anyone saw their ridiculous scoreless last 5 minutes or so against Seton Hall it makes it a lot tougher to bet on WVU--even with the points. Bottom line is this is a tough one to forecast, especially with just one off day for both teams.

Reaction Score
This is could not be any less "OT"

Good spot for the Huskies, coming off a bad loss versus a team that struggles on the road coming off a big win. A lot of people jumping off the UConn bandwagon which is a great time to buy in. Take UConn.

Reaction Score
This is could not be any less "OT"

Good spot for the Huskies, coming off a bad loss versus a team that struggles on the road coming off a big win. A lot of people jumping off the UConn bandwagon which is a great time to buy in. Take UConn.

West Virginia won @ Kansas State. KSU just blew out Mizzou @ KSU. WVU is the only team to beat KSU @ Bramlage.

WV has lost on the road to Mississippi State and Seton Hall. If not mistaken Kent State was in West Virginia. They lost to Baylor at a neutral site in Vegas. Other than that some decent logic. I hope you are right and I am wrong on this 1.

Reaction Score
If we defend Truck Bryant, I like our chances. Jones will get his - he's too good not to. Drummond should be able to neutralize Kilicli. Bryant is really the only guard who can go off for a 20+ point game, but he'll also take some questionable shots. I think he's the key.

Reaction Score
West Virginia won @ Kansas State. KSU just blew out Mizzou @ KSU. WVU is the only team to beat KSU @ Bramlage.

WV has lost on the road to Mississippi State and Seton Hall. If not mistaken Kent State was in West Virginia. They lost to Baylor at a neutral site in Vegas. Other than that some decent logic. I hope you are right and I am wrong on this 1.

The KSU road win is a great win, but they got spanked in their other two road games, SHU and MISS ST. Based on the last two games there is no reason to back UConn, but in my opinion I think this a great time to buy them. At the end of the day were hoping for the same outcome.

Reaction Score
Honestly I feel better about this game than I did before either of the last two.

Reaction Score
Bet the farm on the Huskies today.

I'm on WV -5 for entertainment purposes only. Losing on the -5 would be fine as it would amount to a solid win for UConn. I'm looking forward to this 1. Best of luck to everyone.

Reaction Score
I'm on WV -5 for entertainment purposes only. Losing on the -5 would be fine as it would amount to a solid win for UConn. I'm looking forward to this 1. Best of luck to everyone.
I love this move. Most of the time, not all, when it's a fairly low spread it is a win-win situation.

Reaction Score
I don't care about the spread on this, just need to see them play competitive and better. Need some toughness here.

Reaction Score
C'MONN LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tied UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom