UConn OOC Schedule | The Boneyard

UConn OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I apologize for not knowing this, but I haven't been able to keep track. Which top teams are UConn playing next year?

Baylor - Yes
Stanford Yes, I know that was iffy
Duke no?
Maryland ?
TAM ?
Penn State Yes
KY Yes ???

Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW, do you think that, if Pat Summitt retires, that Tenn would consider scheduling UConn in the future?

Reaction Score
Uconn is playing Baylor in CT, Stamford in Cali, Duke, Yes, Maryland in CT, TAM in Texas, Penn State here in CT

I have no clue about KY.....

Reaction Score
The UNC and Oklahoma series were not renewed, and were replaced with Maryland and Penn State. UConn seems to want to stay in the neighborhood of six big home and home series. LSU and Florida State were dropped to make room for Baylor and Texas A&M.

They're playing
Baylor
Texas A&M
Duke
Maryland
Stanford
Penn State

They will also play at least 1 good team and maybe two since they are going away for a Thanksgiving tournament this year.

Reaction Score
and what about the OOCC schedule?the only one i've heard about is the Westminster Choir College.

Reaction Score
whether Tennessee would consider US? I would think it would be US considering THEM. In my opinion, we do not need them. With all due respect to Pat's illness, she chose to lob the grenade a few yrs back in the form of unporoven allegations, then backed up and ignored the curfuffel, and refused to back her words.

Let's take our head-to-head 13-9 winning record, our 4-0 head-to-head record in NCAA finals, and support the coach with 7 NCs in 28 years, and forget the past and the coach who took 38 years to win just 1 more, took 8 trips to the final 4 to win her 1st NC, and who matched Maya's secondary violation on ESAPN trip with secondary violation of her own 3 or so yrs ago with the picture of her and recruit in a back hallway where only incidental contact was allowed.

I sound like I have an edge, which I guess is true. Let's build our OOC schedule with other top teams. That will suffice. By the way, rumor has it that UT may just water down its OOC schedule, so future matchup may not even be possible.

Reaction Score
I think that the coach that replaces Pat (whenever that happens) is a person on friendly terms with Geno, professionally and perhaps personally. That person's primary job will be to restore the program to its former glory. That coach will probably want to discuss with Geno a resumption of the series.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Uconn is playing Baylor in CT, Stamford in Cali, Duke, Yes, Maryland in CT, TAM in Texas, Penn State here in CT

I have no clue about KY.....

The Stanford game will probably be around Christmas/New Year's Eve again then.. No sense in taking a 7 hour flight twice.. Stanford and then Oregon, or vice versa

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I think that the coach that replaces Pat (whenever that happens) is a person on friendly terms with Geno, professionally and perhaps personally. That person's primary job will be to restore the program to its former glory. That coach will probably want to discuss with Geno a resumption of the series.
All true, but if Summitt remains involved in some capacity, resuming the UConn series could be an awkward move in Knoxville.

Reaction Score
It would probably take a couple of years for the game to be resumed after Pat left. I wonder if the new coach would want Pat lurking in the background in an official capacity.And I don't think Pat would be interested in that either.

I don't think that the game would be the same as it was. It would be just another example of all the top tier teams wanting to play each other.

Reaction Score
I don't think playing Uconn over the next 4 years will help restore former glory. But the next 4 years will be critical in determining if TN will return to it's former stature. The situation is so complicated and I'd imagine a nightmare for the University to decide how to handle it.

Much will depend on whether TN's charisma can be retained once Pat is gone. How many recruits are attending UCLA today because of John Wooden? This is part of the dilemma.

It appears that Pat will play a role after she steps down. What will that role be? So complicated.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UTenn did return to being credited with the toughest schedule in both RPI and Sagarin ratings, though UConn was #1 in Massey. The Vols have managed to get the top SOS schedule when they got it in recent years not by playing the most top 10 or top 20 teams, but by insuring that the OOC schedule had no #100+ types but were still loaded with teams the Vols could easily handle. But now the Vols have a question of how strong an SOS they can survive when their team is trending back towards the 10-15 level among teams. They will likely need to step down the schedule to avoid going double-digit in losses, as the 25-50 ranked teams they used to beat handily are now getting to be a challenge. They do not need a UConn on their schedule, but rather more of the overmatched Middle Tennessee State teams that are still a comfortable amount below the Vols.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The Penn St recruit that played in the MDAA game looked like she is going to be a good one. Good size, ran the floor hard and hit the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom