UConn offers PG Taelon Martin (Reclassified) | The Boneyard

UConn offers PG Taelon Martin (Reclassified)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

TD attends Putnam Vo Tech in Springfield MA. Other offers from Rutgers, UMass, URI and VaTech.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After seemingly missing on all the 2018 NE kids this kid should be a main focus for the 2019 class

Reaction Score
There are lots of obstacles in the kids way. He will be a true feel good story if he can make it to storrs

Reaction Score
For example...
Lives in Springfield. Family situation not the test. Several of his coach are actually the main source of support. Hope he will get into a boarding prep school soon so it will bring more stability

Reaction Score
Lives in Springfield. Family situation not the test. Several of his coach are actually the main source of support. Hope he will get into a boarding prep school soon so it will bring more stability
I'm from the Springfield area and have played against him... most kids get a lot of support from there aaa coaches these days with all the travel. What makes you think this will be such a feel good story? From what I've heard from Taelon himself and his teammates his situation isn't bad at all. Where did you get this information. I am skeptical.

Reaction Score
Also, I was told by his former teammates at Putnam that he is most likely going to Vermont Academy next year. He played center for Putnam this year so I think that it would be a better fit. He will get much more time at the point guard and shooting guard spot in a high school setting

Reaction Score
Also, I was told by his former teammates at Putnam that he is most likely going to Vermont Academy next year. He played center for Putnam this year so I think that it would be a better fit. He will get much more time at the point guard and shooting guard spot in a high school setting
That would be great. With Shittu being at Vermont Academy, I would think/hope that our staff won't be missing many of their games.

Reaction Score
After seemingly missing on all the 2018 NE kids this kid should be a main focus for the 2019 class
The best player available for the position is where we should focus. Could care less if he is a NE kid. If we can land a better PG from somewhere else we should get him. That said, this kid is ranked 54 so our coaches should be at a bunch of his games.

Reaction Score
The best player available for the position is where we should focus. Could care less if he is a NE kid. If we can land a better PG from somewhere else we should get him. That said, this kid is ranked 54 so our coaches should be at a bunch of his games.
Sure, I'll take good players from wherever they live. There's also no reason to not try and recruit the local kids every year, especially in NE where there's talent. Recruiting nationally is fine but it's exponentially easier to recruit the local area

If you can build a pipeline where you get a couple of kids to come in from a program (ie Mass Rivals) it's a lot easier to come in that next year with a rapport with the coaches already and the recruits seeing success of kids a few years older

Reaction Score
Rivals Nation‏ @RivalsNation 4h 4 hours ago
It keeps getting better. The 2019 updated rankings just came out and Taelon Martin #54 and Akok Akok #77 representing. #TheRivalsWay
Ridiculous ranking. Akok Akok has been one of the best Adidas circuit players and he's playing up a year. Martin is on his team and barely even plays.

I don't mean to slight Martin, just mean that Akok should probably be close to five star status.

Reaction Score
I'm from the Springfield area and have played against him... most kids get a lot of support from there aaa coaches these days with all the travel. What makes you think this will be such a feel good story? From what I've heard from Taelon himself and his teammates his situation isn't bad at all. Where did you get this information. I am skeptical.
Glad to hear that. Several aau coach I know are saying that he will progress alot faster if he gets out of Springfield n into prep school. This involve better training, better diet n more displine structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom