UConn offering free tickets to high school football teams for opener against Wagner | The Boneyard

UConn offering free tickets to high school football teams for opener against Wagner

Reaction Score

>>UConn football will host its 2019 High School Football Night at its season opener against Wagner Aug. 29.

All high school teams that register will receive complimentary admission to the game, which kicks off at 7 p.m at Rentschler Field. The tailgate lots will open at 2 p.m.<<

The deadline to register is Aug. 27. Info on where to send roster is in link.

Reaction Score
Wow, just had a flashback to the fall of 1982 when Rutgers did the same thing for all the high school teams in North Jersey for a night game against West Virginia at Giant Stadium. It was section vs. section brawls. We went toe to toe with Westfield. It was mayhem and was never done again. Ah, memories.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Last year Chief told me this was an NCAA infraction when I asked why UConn doesnt give away tickets to high schoolers and fill seats.

Guess NCAA changed the rules or made an exception. Good for them. This is how you build the FB brand.

Reaction Score
Last year Chief told me this was an NCAA infraction when I asked why UConn doesnt give away tickets to high schoolers and fill seats.

Guess NCAA changed the rules or made an exception. Good for them. This is how you build the FB brand.

It’s okay as long as you have the roster of who’s attending because they are for the most part prospective student athletes and you are providing them free stuff. There is a process that must be followed to be in compliance.

Reaction Score
Wow, just had a flashback to the fall of 1982 when Rutgers did the same thing for all the high school teams in North Jersey for a night game against West Virginia at Giant Stadium. It was section vs. section brawls. We went toe to toe with Westfield. It was mayhem and was never done again. Ah, memories.

Hence … a clear color vivid contrast between the difference of the Nutmeg State from the NJ towns

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It’s okay as long as you have the roster of who’s attending because they are for the most part prospective student athletes and you are providing them free stuff. There is a process that must be followed to be in compliance.
Thanks Medic - sorry Chief - UConn should be doing this every week until they can get 20000 paid fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom