UConn offensive linemen Tommy Hopkins makes immediate impact in return from injury (Jim Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn offensive linemen Tommy Hopkins makes immediate impact in return from injury (Jim Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought that hopkins had a rough year last year, and that he wasnt great against maine when he played. Maybe i saw it wrong, but i kept thinking that guard was a real weakness on the OL.

He was a heck of a lot better against cincy. Looks like he has somehow picked it up. Maybe he learned a few things during the time off.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thought that hopkins had a rough year last year, and that he wasnt great against maine when he played. Maybe i saw it wrong, but i kept thinking that guard was a real weakness on the OL.

He was a heck of a lot better against cincy. Looks like he has somehow picked it up. Maybe he learned a few things during the time off.

Guard was a major weakness last year but most would say it was Samra who wasn't as good as Hopkins. Considering Levy was the tackle next to Samra, last year's OLine problems are a bit more clear. Levy has had it rough this year moving from LT to RG.

I would've thunked Levy to LG and Hopkins at RG was a better move. That way Levy could help break in Peart and then Peart helps next year's LG. Put Hopkins on the right side next to Knappe and next year Hopkins helps break in a new RT. As it is now, both right side linemen are getting replaced.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Weak guard next to an inexperienced tackle would be a recipe for disaster.

Reaction Score
Actually, Hopkins graded out the best on the line last year, granted that was on a weak line but I knew his loss in our first game this year was going to be felt especially with a freshman next to him. If our line can stay healthy I think we will be pleasantly surprised this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom