UConn NYC Bar | The Boneyard

UConn NYC Bar

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was wondering too if a new place was going to be announced.

The UConn alums that ran it out of Van Diemens the past couple years did a pretty nice job and while the attendance wasn't great, they usually had tee shirts, and the menu/drink specials for UConn games were solid.

Hoping a new place is picked as I probably went there for 3 games last seasons.

Reaction Score
According to the UConn Alumni - NYC Network’s Facebook page, it’s Jack Demsey’s at 36 W33rd St.

Reaction Score
First event is this Thursday, great specials. The owner of the bar has a son who is a freshman playing soccer for UConn this fall. He is super excited to have us and we will be decking the place out in UConn gear.

Reaction Score
Haha ... this is gonna sound funny. I have watched UConn MBB at the Atlantic Grill on W 64th before opera at the Met which is half a block away at Lincoln Center.

Other than that, out on the Island, the bars on the North Fork (wine country) will tune a TV to the UConn game. Those are my two UConn viewing experiences in NYS. ;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Demsey's has a great atmosphere BUT it has long been a U of Kensucky hangout

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Brought some of my UConn memorabilia over to Dempsey's last week. Owner was great, says h'es going to hang up a bunch of UConn stuff to level out all the Kentucky stuff.

That's awesome, good on you for making things happen. I saw the registration list has been filling up too.

I'm not sure if I can make the UCF event, but I'll definitely be there in the future.

Reaction Score
Demsey's has a great atmosphere BUT it has long been a U of Kensucky hangout
Hence, explaining how a bar memorializing boxer Jack Dempsey, including his pictures on its' website, misspelled his surname.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom