Uconn now #2 in AP poll | The Boneyard

Uconn now #2 in AP poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
boy i thought for sure Tenn would fall to 7 or 8 - behind Duke and maybe Maryland. guess we'll have to wait till Baylor beats them... :)

Reaction Score
Interesting... teams that lost dropped with the exception of LSU. They stayed at 20.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Tara will be sure to post that poll... More fuel on the fire...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
G'town dropped to 21 but is still ranked.

Virginia moved into the rankings.

Delaware is 27th.

I like the way Green Bay plays.

Reaction Score
boy i thought for sure Tenn would fall to 7 or 8 - behind Duke and maybe Maryland. guess we'll have to wait till Baylor beats them... :)
I am not surprised,but Tenn should have dropped more than just 3 spots!
Beyond that,at this point in the season I am not going to worry about polls.
Excited about tonight's game and thanksful that it is on ESPNU/Verizon here in S Jersey. I hope everyone is and stays healthy during the game. I really love KF and issue for me is her covering the younger O at the 4. This kid from day one has done everything and more that has been asked of her. How we handle the 2 Os will be so important.
If we canmake the game into pressure defense and a guard oriented game I will be happy. We are playing at home and are a much deeper team then last year. God would it be great if we could have Maya playing. This is going to be a game of who controls the type of game it is.
A great early challenge for us.

Reaction Score
IIRC, DannyUconn predicted they'd come in at 27.
Speaking of Delaware. What could have been. That kid playing for them would have been a SR starring at the 4 for us. We would have been ranked #1 and going for 4th straight NC Championship! Oh well,this is our team and love em!

Reaction Score
Tennessee fell to where I thought they would be. Does anyone
think Duke or Maryland is better than Tennessee? I don't.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Beware of TAMU. They added Kelsey Bone and combined with Karla Gilbert that makes them pretty darn good in the paint. They may be the team that has the best chance at containing BG this year. They sure have a lot of fouls to throw at her.

IMO number 5 is too low for them. I would be them in the top 3, if not higher.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Beware of TAMU. They added Kelsey Bone and combined with Karla Gilbert that makes them pretty darn good in the paint. They may be the team that has the best chance at containing BG this year. They sure have a lot of fouls to throw at her.

IMO number 5 is too low for them. I would be them in the top 3, if not higher.

I have been saying that TAMU is going to be dangerous this year!!! I dont think people are giving them that much respect.

I cant wait to see UCONN battle them....should be a fun game!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm actually a little bit surprised that UCONN jumped to #2. I feel like #3 was where we were gonna be, however, I am not a voter. ND lost to the #1 team so I am not sure why they fell back to #4.

IIRC, Baylor did the same thing last year when we beat them....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm actually a little bit surprised that UCONN jumped to #2. I feel like #3 was where we were gonna be, however, I am not a voter. ND lost to the #1 team so I am not sure why they fell back to #4.

They did lose by double figures and gave up 90+ points. I'm somewhat surprised they held on to #4.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I wonder if they did the rankings this way to hype up tonight's game...#2 v #3....oh wait, this is WCBB, they didn't even hype 1 v 2!

Reaction Score
Speaking of Delaware. What could have been. That kid playing for them would have been a SR starring at the 4 for us. We would have been ranked #1 and going for 4th straight NC Championship! Oh well,this is our team and love em!
We'll always wonder, but I'll take the kids that actually want to play at UConn...not someone who'd rather play against fringe D1 players.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We'll always wonder, but I'll take the kids that actually want to play at UConn...not someone who'd rather play against fringe D1 players.

That's awfully harsh for a young girl that simply wasn't happy and wanted to be closer to home. There is no shame in that.

Reaction Score
That's awfully harsh for a young girl that simply wasn't happy and wanted to be closer to home. There is no shame in that.
My understanding had always been that she has a special situation with a younger sibling. What ended up being very disappointing to me were the circumstances ended up really hurting us was in recruiting and team make up which the staff works on years in advance.
I made a reference a while ago that certain teams had been been making a living in recent years on being a haven for transfers and also last minute coaching chgs etc resulting in getting players at the last minute. Delaware is not in that group. The late timing of her going home in July of that year impacted 2 years. Just a fact.

Reaction Score

That is why I thought,but felt it would not happen,for Tenn to drop further,after lossing to VI,an unranked team! I do not think we are a #2 team at this point. It is not a criticism of the team at all.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
\
She was not a "young girl." She as an adult who made an extremely poor decision to waste a lot of grown ass people's time over a situation that, although understandable and unfortunate, was not something that popped up after she made the decision to come to UConn. Quitting something when you failed to give it a chance is a childish and provincial attitude.

Sorry, I don't give anyone a pass for stuff like this. You don't want to go to a school, don't make a committment. Everyone has a tough time adjusting to their freshmen year of college. Gutting it out is what most of us have to do.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She was not a "young girl." She as an adult who made an extremely poor decision to waste a lot of grown ass people's time over a situation that, although understandable and unfortunate, was not something that popped up after she made the decision to come to UConn. Quitting something when you failed to give it a chance is a childish and provincial attitude.

Sorry, I don't give anyone a pass for stuff like this. You don't want to go to a school, don't make a committment. Everyone has a tough time adjusting to their freshmen year of college. Gutting it out is what most of us have to do.

alex, I do not think that is fair since EDD was 17 at the time she came to CT not turning 18 until September 5th, hardly an adult, and, second of all, I do not think she could anticipate the impact of leaving home and Lizzie until she did it. Staying home may have been the most adult decision she has made. Few of us can enter into the dynamics of a family with a profoundly challenged sibling and understand all of the implications of those relationships.

Absolutely, it messed up UConn recruiting but somehow I think Geno carries less frustration over that situation than many fans.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
alex, I do not think that is fair since EDD was 17 at the time she decided to come to CT, hardly an adult, and, second of all, I do not think she could anticipate the impact of leaving home and Lizzie until she did it. Staying home may have been the most adult decision she has made. Few of us can enter into the dynamics of a family with a profoundly challenged sibling and understand all of the implications of those relationships.

Absolutely, it messed up UConn recruiting somehow I think Geno carries less frustration over that situation than many fans.
For me, it's not really frustration; I mean UConn won 90 straight games without her, and, although it's possible UConn could have sealed the deal last year, there's no guarantee that it would have happened. Even if EDD did cost UConn a NC (not knowable), it's pretty difficult to complain about the experience of being a fan of UConn during the years EDD should have played her. I just don't think it's OK to just shrug that kind of behavior off.

I was 17 and half when I started college with no one I was responsible to but myself. I had no team I'd committed to. At times, it was difficult. My closest family was 1,270 miles away. However, I knew that if I stayed, it'd build my chracter far more than if I ran home with my tail between my legs. So that's what I did. I get that family's important, and that having a sibling with special needs is especially tough. But allowing that to keep you from actualizing your gifts is something I can't imagine any family wanting of a young woman.

I'd be more inclined to give Samarie something of a pass; she did go through something of the process, and for whatever reason, decided she couldn't do it. Not even trying is what really gets me.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
For me, it's not really frustration; I mean UConn won 90 straight games without her, and, although it's possible UConn could have sealed the deal last year, there's no guarantee that it would have happened. Even if EDD did cost UConn a NC (not knowable), it's pretty difficult to complain about the experience of being a fan of UConn during the years EDD should have played her. I just don't think it's OK to just shrug that kind of behavior off.

I was 17 and half when I started college with no one I was responsible to but myself. I had no team I'd committed to. At times, it was difficult. My closest family was 1,270 miles away. However, I knew that if I stayed, it'd build my chracter far more than if I ran home with my tail between my legs. So that's what I did. I get that family's important, and that having a sibling with special needs is especially tough. But allowing that to keep you from actualizing your gifts is something I can't imagine any family wanting of a young woman.

I'd be more inclined to give Samarie something of a pass; she did go through something of the process, and for whatever reason, decided she couldn't do it. Not even trying is what really gets me.

Maybe the empathy and care of special needs kids is as big or bigger a gift for EDD. She has done work with other special needs kids. That is something that is hard for us to know. I think your assumption that EDD didn't want to go to UConn is wrong. There is a difference between wanting to do something and being ready or able to do something.

Because you did something doesn't mean it was the right thing for another person. Often kids in special needs families are developmentally impacted because to the focus and demand of such a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom