UConn Notebook: Could Be A Big Season For Jamar Summers (Des) | The Boneyard

UConn Notebook: Could Be A Big Season For Jamar Summers (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wrote this in Whaler's thread about the upcoming season, that I thought Summers was most impressive of our DBs not named Byron Jones. I liked the way he played in the middle third of the schedule. If he can keep it up and Williams can realize more of his potential, then we could be good. It's certainly an area that is a huge question mark going into the season, but also probably the area with a question mark that has the highest odds of success too. There is talent back there...it just needs to come together.

Reaction Score
Summers plays a tight man corner. Liked the way he played. Got hit with some penalties early for being over aggressive but with experience learned to balance

Reaction Score
I can't get access to the article. Is Gifford hurt?

>>Whatever happened to Dalton Gifford, the 6-4 303-pound senior right tackle who started the first five games in 2014, missed the rest of the season due to injury and is nowhere on the depth chart now?

"Nothing," UConn coach Bob Diaco said. "He's a great kid, great teammate, awesome. Love having him on the team. He's a great brother. He knows all of the offensive lineman positions, can play all of them."

OK, how come he isn't playing any of them?

"From an evaluation standpoint, they've been evaluated higher from a production standpoint," Diaco said. "But not for any lack of trying and not for any lack of love and care. He's really highly thought of by everyone on the team. He's a great teammate, a great teammate."<<

Reaction Score
This is the kind of situation I'm referring to where there could be a potential for attrition. We have a few kids that are in this spot... Gifford has enough ability to play his final year somewhere...He started for us at one point... I know he can start somewhere (FCS) and finish his playing career on the field.. Not saying I want him to leave, but it would make sense for him if he makes a decision like that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is the kind of situation I'm referring to where there could be a potential for attrition. We have a few kids that are in this spot... Gifford has enough ability to play his final year somewhere...He started for us at one point... I know he can start somewhere (FCS) and finish his playing career on the field.. Not saying I want him to leave, but it would make sense for him if he makes a decision like that.

Maybe the kids enjoy being a part of the team under Diaco and would rather stay to be one of his Huskies on the bench than go elsewhere to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom