UCONN Not Returning To Bpt? | The Boneyard

UCONN Not Returning To Bpt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know the folks did not show up in bpt. However, a few friends and I did. The team looked good at times. And beating QU there was great. The NCAA's have done real well in BPT. I hope that in the future UCONN will be in a regional, at BPT.

Reaction Score
I went to all the BPT games and the crowds were awful. They drew huge crowds at XL and will again next year. This was their only move.

Reaction Score
They said after the last Bridgeport game that they would not be returning. I went to the last game and the crowd was a joke. We pack the XL Center so you really can’t rationalize coming back.

Reaction Score
They said after the last Bridgeport game that they would not be returning. I went to the last game and the crowd was a joke. We pack the XL Center so you really can’t rationalize coming back.
Last game was snow storm. No?

Reaction Score
Yes but that same game in Hartford would have had 4,000 people. It definitely affected attendance but it's not like the other Bridgport games were well attendant to compensate.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I was at the QU, Colorado and ND game, did not make the holiday classic - crowds were not impressive. Though 2 of the games were weekday nights (which the Sound Tigers gave up on). I believe only the ND and Colorado games were Husky home game.

One thing to note was that the ticket prices were significantly higher than the XL games. Prices were cheap in XL this year, an increase in price or donation tie-in for premium seats should be considered in XL. If you are selling out, then you are leaving money on the table.

It is too bad the Hartford hardcore hockey did not feel the compulsion to drive an hour to Bridgeport to watch one of the premier games on the schedule (ND). There are no tolls (yet) between Hartford & Fairfield county.

If I were AD, I would schedule one or two games a year in Bridgeport. You do not build a fan base in a few months.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If I were AD, I would schedule one or two games a year in Bridgeport. You do not build a fan base in a few months.
Agree. There are alumni who we want to have donate and there's also some good hockey players there that we may be courting. You must embrace that portion of the state, even if they don't initially want to hug back.

Reaction Score

I missed the ND game in Bridgeport due tot eh snowstorm as driving from North Jersey would have been impossible. Wish I could have made it. That said, I defer to folks who made it to games there if it is worth UConn hockey returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom