UCONN not bad for the sport article | The Boneyard

UCONN not bad for the sport article

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
latest

Reaction Score
What a fine article. It exposes all the hidden attitudes behind the annual UConn bashing: the general ignorance of women's basketball, the lack of research by sports journalists, the lack of coverage of women's basketball (and women sports in general), and especially the sexism and double standards used in evaluating the sport and UConn. Should be forwarded to all the writers spouting the annual drivel.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
And yet ... see the responses from the male readers. I'm reminded of those political surveys that show how some people can't be convinced by the facts.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What a fine article. It exposes all the hidden attitudes behind the annual UConn bashing: the general ignorance of women's basketball, the lack of research by sports journalists, the lack of coverage of women's basketball (and women sports in general), and especially the sexism and double standards used in evaluating the sport and UConn. Should be forwarded to all the writers spouting the annual drivel.
Can someone send it to Mushnick at the NY Post? :)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
And yet ... see the responses from the male readers. I'm reminded of those political surveys that show how some people can't be convinced by the facts.

Many men (and some women!) are surprisingly invested in making sure that you know they don't like women's basketball and why. It's rather amazing.

The most common complaint in those comments is that the games are no fun to watch if you already know the result. Somehow, I don't think those people were watching when the Lynx and Sparks were playing a highly competitive WNBA finals series. I don't think they tuned in to the ACC tournament final when ND and Louisville went down to the wire. No, they just need a stick to beat women's basketball with and that's the one that's convenient.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
I certainly do not think Connecticut is bad for WBB. They have raised the bar very high and it is up to other schools to improve their programs to compete and beat them.
It is not their fault that they win.

I am proud of our State program and that we have elevated our program over the last 5 years. Connecticut is still the bell cow but other teams are inching closer to them.
Again this year they are still the favorite as well they should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom