UConn/Nike Contract | The Boneyard

UConn/Nike Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nike’s contract with UConn ends on June 30th of this year. Just thinking, what an ideal time to win a National Championship. The current contract is 7 years/$32.4M, not bad but there have been some humongous school brand deals in the last few years that I think UConn is also worthy of. I hope Nike agrees and pays some big bucks to renew.

Reaction Score
Nike’s contract with UConn ends on June 30th of this year. Just thinking, what an ideal time to win a National Championship. The current contract is 7 years/$32.4M, not bad but there have been some humongous school brand deals in the last few years that I think UConn is also worthy of. I hope Nike agrees and pays some big bucks to renew.
Does that figure include the value of the apparel? Probable can get somewhere around $8 million

Reaction Score
Just saw the film Air which is pretty good. Jordan still makes about 400 million per year from Nike. Unreal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How much ass do we have to kick?

Now that they're done chewing gum, a lot lot more.

roddy piper chew bubblegum and kick ass GIF

Reaction Score
For seven years we were getting a sum that averaged $4.5 million a year. That was probably split between cash and merch. In 2018 North Carolina signed a 10 year deal that includes nearly $60 million in Nike merchandise and $35 million in cash, some of which goes directly to head coaches. Looking back at 2015, Louisville was getting an average of $6 million. Michigan is currently on a deal that averages $11.5 million.

If UConn was a normal state entity they would have to put that out to bid. But they have special rules where they can get around the RFP. In any case we should have a nice bump coming.

Reaction Score
I would love to be a Jordan Brand. I don't think Adidas Originals sponsors teams, but I would not say no to them either.
download-3.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I would love to be a Jordan Brand. I don't think Adidas Originals sponsors teams, but I would not say no to them either.
View attachment 87182
I like Adidas but no thank you. UConn is a Nike Gold member (only a few schools have that status) which means we get better merch, and our players get more exclusives for shoes and stuff. Those are the little things that matter for recruits believe it or not. UConn should never leave Nike

Reaction Score
Nike is the gold standard in team outfitters. I would also be OK moving to Jordan brand if that got us more money, I know some people here don't think it's as "prestigious", but kids love it and the quality is good (it's a Nike Subsidiary).

Under armor is second, they do an OK job but they generally screw up the classics by putting them on their uniform template (see Notre Dame football) - they are a better fit for start up brands IMO.

Adidas is absolute trash. High school level branding and uniforms. Not only do they screw up classics (Kansas) but their "alternate" uniforms have generally been absolutely horrifying. We should stay far far away.

Reaction Score
Armani is making very nice looking uniforms for Italian soccer these days. I'd go with them

Reaction Score
Serious question - with NIL coming into play, is there any way that UConn includes some NIL $$ for their players in these contracts? IE a guaranteed pool for appearances or soemthing similar that can get passed through... or guaranteed funding for some NIL non prof?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Something that may or may not be indicative of what UConn will be doing… my guess is they wouldn’t be working on this if the deal wasn’t going to be renewed.

Reaction Score
Does Nike control if Blue Connecticut Jerseys become a thing? How does UConn make that happen? Also 2011 Husky was the best - hated the rebrand at first because of the association of the AAC and losing the Big East but they've won almost the same amount of Nattys with the new one so....

No, I know at least in football the coaches/AD have significant say in what gets made.

They may make alternate jerseys or something and want us to wear them on occasion, though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They may make alternate jerseys or something and want us to wear them on occasion, though.
Like the legendary Hyper Elite Platinum unis. When Elite was not enough.

1681158538464.png

Worst ever?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Has anyone received one of the athlete’s threads jerseys yet? I’m curious about the quality / sizing before ordering

Reaction Score
Has anyone received one of the athlete’s threads jerseys yet? I’m curious about the quality / sizing before ordering
I got mine in the mail today. Quality is very good, at least for the screen printed jerseys I've ordered in the past.

Sizing I'd say is on the smallish side. I ordered a 2XL and it's definitely a bit smaller side compared to other 2XL jerseys I've gotten. I wouldn't go a size up necessarily but if you're on the fence between 2 sizes I'd go up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom