UCONN New Athletic Director | The Boneyard

UCONN New Athletic Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well it looks like its official with Warde headed off to Michigan. Thank you Warde for getting UCONN into Hockey East. It should be interesting to see how things shake out in the Athletic Dept. after UCONN hires a new AD. Warde will be missed in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Well it looks like its official with Warde headed off to Michigan. Thank you Warde for getting UCONN into Hockey East. It should be interesting to see how things shake out in the Athletic Dept. after UCONN hires a new AD. Warde will be missed in Storrs.
Day late and a dime short with this one...but you would know that if you ventured over to the CR board...or looked at the thread titles of the other boards which have been talking about this for weeks now. Why don't you just say "I hope the new AD fires Mike Cavanaugh and hires my dream coach Dave Berard".

Reaction Score
Day late and a dime short with this one...but you would know that if you ventured over to the CR board...or looked at the thread titles of the other boards which have been talking about this for weeks now. Why don't you just say "I hope the new AD fires Mike Cavanaugh and hires my dream coach Dave Berard".
Dude you are way off base I told you before I wouldn't of hired Cavanaugh or Berard as the hockey coach. But with the new AD coming in coupled with Cavanaughs record and performances over the past 3 years with all the resources and funds provided to him I think it's safe to assume he won't be signing another 1 million contract with the good citizens of CT again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dude you are way off base I told you before I wouldn't of hired Cavanaugh or Berard as the hockey coach. But with the new AD coming in coupled with Cavanaughs record and performances over the past 3 years with all the resources and funds provided to him I think it's safe to assume he won't be signing another 1 million contract with the good citizens of CT any time soon.
LOL...one thing is for sure...you certainly are consistent in your Cav hatred. You should venture around this site a little bit...maybe you won't be so late to the party about UConn sports news. Do you have season tickets to women's basketball? You sure act like one of that entitled fan base.

Reaction Score
Dude you are way off base I told you before I wouldn't of hired Cavanaugh or Berard as the hockey coach. But with the new AD coming in coupled with Cavanaughs record and performances over the past 3 years with all the resources and funds provided to him I think it's safe to assume he won't be signing another 1 million contract with the good citizens of CT again.
You have to be a troll.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with HF now but we have to be at least a little bit concerned. Whatever Cavanaugh is trying/not trying is not working and the players clearly don't go out and play for him. I do have faith and ultimately believe he will eventually iron out the kinks but if we're in the same boat come this time next year something is very, very wrong.

It's also a scary thought to think that after next season will have to replace our best player and that in-of-itself could be make or break for Cav. No room to swing and miss on the heir to Nichols.

Reaction Score
In only UCONN's 2nd year of HE hockey now, playing a mismash of AHA-level, minimalist scholarship and non-scholarship upperclassmen and mostly lower rated underclass recruits, the Huskies still won't have a full scholarship allotment until X. When is X? Not next season, but is it 2 or 3 seasons from now? What did reasonable people expect? Doomed, by golly, doomed!

Reaction Score
Next year he'll have I believe 19? out of 23 scholarship spots accounted for. His freshman group (13-14) will be upper classmen with Nichols as a senior, if there as putrid and lifeless as they are this year then like I said something is wrong.

Reaction Score
Next year he'll have I believe 19? out of 23 scholarship spots accounted for. His freshman group (13-14) will be upper classmen with Nichols as a senior, if there as putrid and lifeless as they are this year then like I said something is wrong.
18 out of 18...this year they have 15 out of 18.

Reaction Score
18 out of 18...this year they have 15 out of 18.

Ok thanks for the correction. So while I remain totally patient pretty soon this team will be entirely his and he will have to own up for his team's play whether it's good or bad. I don't think that is wrong or unfair and he would probably say the same thing.

Reaction Score
Ok thanks for the correction. So while I remain totally patient pretty soon this team will be entirely his and he will have to own up for his team's play whether it's good or bad. I don't think that is wrong or unfair and he would probably say the same thing.
I'll give him a pass until he gets the tools (i.e.: on-campus facility) to compete with the rest of the HE schools. By then he should have recruited enough to get into the top 1/3 of the league.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with HF now but we have to be at least a little bit concerned. Whatever Cavanaugh is trying/not trying is not working and the players clearly don't go out and play for him. I do have faith and ultimately believe he will eventually iron out the kinks but if we're in the same boat come this time next year something is very, very wrong.

It's also a scary thought to think that after next season will have to replace our best player and that in-of-itself could be make or break for Cav. No room to swing and miss on the heir to Nichols.
Things will not change next year or the year after the guy is not a head hockey coach it's as simple as that. The players for the past 3 years have not played for him and they ultimately quit on him. There is a reason why he was an Asst for 18 years unfortunately UCONN and the tax payers of the great state of CT are finding out first hand why he could never land a head coaches job. The question now is who will the new AD bring in to lead the program? Hopefully the next coach will have head coaching experience and his assistants will have a minimal 3-5 years coaching at the college or Pro level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Things will not change next year or the year after the guy is not a head hockey coach it's as simple as that. The players for the past 3 years have not played for him and they ultimately quit on him. There is a reason why he was an Asst for 18 years unfortunately UCONN and the tax payers of the great state of CT are finding out first hand why he could never land a head coaches job. The question now is who will the new AD bring in to lead the program? Hopefully the next coach will have head coaching experience and his assistants will have a minimal 3-5 years coaching at the college or Pro level.
wrong

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

As if your Whaler-worship wasn't enough to question your hockey bona fides, the idea that Rob Nichols is a better player than Letunov or Thompson confirms it.

Reaction Score
Hey look our resident troll is back. @brasssbonanzaa I figured it out..he gave himself away with a thread he started not too long ago...he's a Holy Cross fan.

Reaction Score
As if your Whaler-worship wasn't enough to question your hockey bona fides, the idea that Rob Nichols is a better player than Letunov or Thompson confirms it.

.... Yes, because goalie isn't the most important position in hockey or anything... Back to the Basketball boards you go.

Reaction Score
I hope he would be since he's apparently the "icebus tour director" That little blurb must be his bona fides.

Reaction Score
Thompson and Letunov are great players but they are both very raw still and almost exclusively offense, plus they can't alone carry the team. Nichols can/does (like the weekend he had vs. Maine)

And in Thompson's case sure, he is a great player and will be a force but to say he's the best on the team when he has 1 5v5 goal is a huge stretch. zls is wrong. Sorry dude.

zls44

Reaction Score
.... Yes, because goalie isn't the most important position in hockey or anything

It's not. That's groupthink platitude BS.

Nichols was great last year. Team couldn't score. Team finished 9th.

Thompson (on the PP) or Letunov can carry a team longer and farther than Nichols can. That's just a fact. They are both exponentially more talented.

zls44

Reaction Score
Also, Nichols' backup getting rocked doesn't make Nichols a great goalie. They're two totally different things.

Rob is very good. Letunov could be a superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom