UConn needs this... | The Boneyard

UConn needs this...

Reaction Score
Was driving home from downtown Southington @ 10:45 this morning. In front of me was a gray Chevy pickup that was pulling a trailer carrying a half sized replica of a Civil War era cannon. The driver pulled up the driveway to the Southington Sportsmen's Club which is about a quarter mile from my house. Twenty minutes later my dog started barking incessantly. I took her outside for a walk & for the next half hour or so I heard the report of cannonade fire reverberating off the hills every couple of minutes. We need this on game day at the RENT.

Reaction Score
Missouri had a cannon. I think BYU too? I hated them. You think you're ready for it but you never are.

Reaction Score
Missouri had a cannon. I think BYU too? I hated them. You think you're ready for it but you never are.
My kid’s high school is in a civil war town and a cannon is fired after every td. I have been going for 8 years and the blast scares the sheeit out of me every time.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
No cannons... dogs hate fireworks so I’m assuming cannons too? Just stick to Ring The Bell baby!!!

Reaction Score
What we need is the sound of an Pratt engine starting up. Use it after every TD...
Nah, I have been on test stands when engines are started. It is not dramatic, and then it is too loud to hear yourself think. (Think sitting in an airplane waiting on the tarmac.) The neighbors would be up in arms. Not a good choice. I like firing an aerial salute firework.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Also have always loved the idea of a F-15 body up on a statue outside the stadium, maybe like painted blue and white w/ UConn logos on it? Paying homage to Pratt and our military/history of Rentschler Field being a working airstrip.

Reaction Score
Also have always loved the idea of a F-15 body up on a statue outside the stadium, maybe like painted blue and white w/ UConn logos on it? Paying homage to Pratt and our military/history of Rentschler Field being a working airstrip.
You could move the one which is 1/3 scale from the Military Engines building.

Reaction Score
Nah, I have been on test stands when engines are started. It is not dramatic, and then it is too loud to hear yourself think. (Think sitting in an airplane waiting on the tarmac.) The neighbors would be up in arms. Not a good choice. I like firing an aerial salute firework.

I'd love to see something to honor Pratt. I mean it would be great since they donate the land. I know they paid for the naming rights, but something to honor Pratt...also would love to see a Husky Hall of Fame, too.

Reaction Score
Something more modern. Flyover and drop a small “daisy cutter” bomb in front of the opposition when they get close to the red zone.

Too much?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom