UCONN/ND prediction: poetry in motion | The Boneyard

UCONN/ND prediction: poetry in motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Little Miss Muffet, knelt on her tuffet, knowing she needed to pray.
All her faux leather, for worse of for better,
Would not change her fortunes this day.

As she gagged on her curds, she murmured these words:
"Can I beat spiders and Huskies?
No whey!!"

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
You are out there Win- I like it! :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
My fear at ND is blind mans fouls. I am concerned that foul trouble could result in UConn playing tuff defense. If those questionable fouls occur which will affect UConns defense and which will allow ND to almost score at will without worrying about having their shot blocked or a defender playing them tight UConn will have to work that much harder. We've seen it before with ND initiating contact only to have UConn called for a foul. UConn should win this game by double digits as I believe UConn can handle NDs guards and Turner and I don't see ND keeping up with UConns balanced attack.

Reaction Score
If Stewie is able to get 25- 30 points we win. If Muffet does what every other team has done and roughs up Stewie and gets in her head we will struggle. We don't have a Dolson anymore to dump into in the post anymore for an easy 15 points. At Gampell it may be a different story but at ND it will be a battle. At the end of the year I think with Nurse and Williams more experienced will be a different story. Sort of early for UConn to beat ND at ND.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Those manhattans must have been good and strong, Win! ;) Seriously, that was inspired!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There will be no poetry. There never is against ND. The understand our motion offense playing it in their own form and know exactly how to disrupt it.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Migawd! Boneyard verses that actually acan! Almost unheard of.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've had a bad season handicapping big games this season (already)
But I favor UConn in a tight game (until the last 15 minutes).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I keep thinking that in the big games against top opponents like Stanford, ND, etc., this team will go as far as Kiah Stokes can carry it. I love Morgan's game but against these opponents Kiah will need to step up and have a consistent impact on the defensive end. We've seen her do it.

Reaction Score
I keep thinking that in the big games against top opponents like Stanford, ND, etc., this team will go as far as Kiah Stokes can carry it. I love Morgan's game but against these opponents Kiah will need to step up and have a consistent impact on the defensive end. We've seen her do it.
Stokes is becoming a monster inside (and exciting to watch). She will gain some recognition in the near future. I agree that she is a necessary part in all this. Morgan needs to develop finesse and consistency. When she has it, she's awesome, but otherwise she can be a bull in a china shop. (simile, NOTHING else implied)
bull.jpg

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
My fear at ND is blind mans fouls. I am concerned that foul trouble could result in UConn playing tuff defense. If those questionable fouls occur which will affect UConns defense and which will allow ND to almost score at will without worrying about having their shot blocked or a defender playing them tight UConn will have to work that much harder. We've seen it before with ND initiating contact only to have UConn called for a foul. UConn should win this game by double digits as I believe UConn can handle NDs guards and Turner and I don't see ND keeping up with UConns balanced attack.
U r right- they will be at the line prior to Kiah and Stewie blocking their shots

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Stokes is becoming a monster inside (and exciting to watch). She will gain some recognition in the near future. I agree that she is a necessary part in all this. Morgan needs to develop finesse and consistency. When she has it, she's awesome, but otherwise she can be a bull in a china shop. (simile, NOTHING else implied)
View attachment 7747
Morgan does occasionally blow by her defender and take some charges occasionally. But she, like Nurse are always on the attack. Most of the times she is making something very positive happen. Just watched first half of Green Bay game- team is starting to really gel. KML and Morgan are making so many great decisions and passes - the team is starting to fire on all cylinders. The other thing that I notice and love about Morgan - when she fouls or charges, usually a couple opposing bodies end up on the floor. Even after made baskets, Morgan glides and turns around to head the other direction, and opposing players bounce off her to the floor. For her , body contact is like swatting away flies or Mosquitos. Morgan is such a force in every phase of the game. And thank God for her, she is finally healthy enough to showcase who and what she is. Because she is healthy, and gotten rid of the rust. Morgan will and is emerging as the main leader of this team. In the open practice, it was Morgan who grabbed the microphone and was like the master of ceremonies after practice. She is an absolutely classy and beautiful young women. And she understands basketball like Kelly Farris . Instincts and aggressiveness can't be taught. She can play the 3/4/5 and allows us to rotate Stokes in to spell all of our 3 starters. By March, gabby may be our X factor defender on the opposition best wing when needed. With also a raw explosiveness on offense and giving us the ability to press. Shaping up to be a lot of fun! :)

Reaction Score
In keeping with the spirit of this thread...

There once was a coach named McGraw
Who's Lenten fibbing rubbed Geno raw
For Stewie she wouldn't clap
So Huskies pressed and trapped.
And capped the win with a 3 from T-Law

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Coach Geno has a talented crew
They usually know what to do
But ND will get the close calls
And most of the 50-50 balls
So we lose again, 85 to 82.

Sorry. But I have a bad feeling about this one.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
View attachment 7747
I have a hunch that this may be a break out game of sorts for Stokes. She's looked good in limited minutes.
block_party_ahead_sign.jpg

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but ND over UConn 74-65.
I'd sure like it if there was a "DisLike" option on posts sometimes. This one gets a "DisLike"
Fans go for the upset at worst. It's our hopes that help the team win in the close ones.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but ND over UConn 74-65.
You're certainly entitled to your view, although I disagree and believe you're wrong. Enlighten us and please explain what's behind your prediction?

Reaction Score
I think that ND is going to follow Stanford's blueprint and try to take KML out of the game, pack the paint, double down on Stewart and force UConn to beat them from the outside. On offense I think that ND will spread the floor in a 4qtrs set and penetrate with either Allen or Loyd. Then they will have Reimer and Turner diving in for the pass or rebound. UConn has not yet proven it can defend the perimeter and I think that ND is going to try to exploit that. Also as much as I hate ND IMHO there is not a better in game X's and O's coach as McGraw.

Reaction Score
I think that ND is going to follow Stanford's blueprint and try to take KML out of the game, pack the paint, double down on Stewart and force UConn to beat them from the outside. On offense I think that ND will spread the floor in a 4qtrs set and penetrate with either Allen or Loyd. Then they will have Reimer and Turner diving in for the pass or rebound. UConn has not yet proven it can defend the perimeter and I think that ND is going to try to exploit that. Also as much as I hate ND IMHO there is not a better in game X's and O's coach as McGraw.
Wow. Sounds like a job application to work with Muffet.
Me thinks you have forgoten to figure in that Stanford game was quite a while ago.
OK, they take out KML, but there's the little things UConn has in Kia KILLER Nurse, MoJett, Stewie, Kiah HAMMER Stokes and Tuck. Oh yeah, Chong, Williams, Edwards, Lawlor, Pulido, Geno, Dailey, Shea and Moseley.
Muffet Tuffet can have her curds and wey. Oh yeah, you called them Xs and Os.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom