UConn/ND/CBS | The Boneyard

UConn/ND/CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yesterday, at about 3:30 pm, I turned on my TV and prepared to watch a great game. But when I saw another game in progress, I started yelling and throwing things, because I know that when networks schedule back-to-back games, they never allow enough time for longer or overtime games. I knew they wouldn't be showing the start of the UConn game.

Is there an NCAA rule that says if you're playing the first game of a televised doubleheader, you must go into overtime?

Reaction Score
Overtime games in wcbb have always been something of a rarity. Somehow they seem to happen only before an upcoming UConn game.

What I want to know is, how come the Hartford CBS affiliate was not showing a different stream, one originating from Connecticut? Any Husky fan knows that's what they always do. Was there anybody in the Nutmeg State who cared about the Purdue/Nebraska outcome?

CBS Hartford (Channel 3 on Cablevision) dropped the ball.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
And Don Criqui!!! Oy. As I heard it, he managed, among other mistakes, to identify early on Bria Hartley as Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. And, much worse, he utterly mangled Geno Auriemma's last name at one point late in the game. And was so busy repeating past stats and accomplishments of ND vs. UConn, that he never analyzed what was really going on on the floor of Gampel Pavilion.

Reaction Score
Overtime games in wcbb have always been something of a rarity. Somehow they seem to happen only before an upcoming UConn game.

What I want to know is, how come the Hartford CBS affiliate was not showing a different stream, one originating from Connecticut? Any Husky fan knows that's what they always do. Was there anybody in the Nutmeg State who cared about the Purdue/Nebraska outcome?

CBS Hartford (Channel 3 on Cablevision) dropped the ball.

Perdue / Nebraska a great game and both possible opponents down the road presently in the top 25. CBS should have went to a split screen.
Started the game on WTIC. .........

Reaction Score
We got to the game with, I believe, 18:30 to go. Just before that, CBS ran 2 minutes of commercials.
I can understand why CBS would not want to give up that revenue; I don't think they could have switched -- even in CT -- much earlier.

Reaction Score
Half of those commercials were for there own programs. Save it for the timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom