UConn NCAA Stats | The Boneyard

UConn NCAA Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HUGE test this Saturday! We need to do our part.

We get it but you're preaching to the wrong audience/forum/medium... you need to get the word spread off a UConn Football message board.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We get it but you're preaching to the wrong audience/forum/medium... you need to get the word spread off a UConn Football message board.

Every time I do...crickets. I have reasons for my methods.

Reaction Score
#119 out of 127 is really bad. Considering we played against Nova and Army, who has the #84 ranked defense. I think we play too conservative on offense. Verducci needs to step up the play calling a notch ( pass a few more a game ). The O-Line needs to step up their game as well. Our defense is great, but with no offense we're going to struggle as we did against Nova and Army. The defense can only do so much. Noel Thomas was only looked at 3 times in the Nova game. He needs the ball a little more, so does the TE's. They were almost non existent in the Army and Mizzou game. I believe we can be really good on offense, let's see what happens the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
#119 out of 127 is really bad. Considering we played against Nova and Army, who has the #84 ranked defense. I think we play too conservative on offense. Verducci needs to step up the play calling a notch ( pass a few more a game ). The O-Line needs to step up their game as well. Our defense is great, but with no offense we're going to struggle as we did against Nova and Army. The defense can only do so much. Noel Thomas was only looked at 3 times in the Nova game. He needs the ball a little more, so does the TE's. They were almost non existent in the Army and Mizzou game. I believe we can be really good on offense, let's see what happens the rest of the season.

I think you saw exactly that on our last drive. I really liked the spread formation we were going with and we are likely to start seeing him open the playbook up some more.

Reaction Score
I think you saw exactly that on our last drive. I really liked the spread formation we were going with and we are likely to start seeing him open the playbook up some more.

Yea that empty set against Mizzou was great play calling by Verducci and great execution by the players. To bad Verducci opened up the aggressive passing game in the last minute of the game. Hopefully we will see more of that aggressiveness on offense in future games. We cannot play conservative on offense against Navy.

Reaction Score
Yea that empty set against Mizzou was great play calling by Verducci and great execution by the players. To bad Verducci opened up the aggressive passing game in the last minute of the game. Hopefully we will see more of that aggressiveness on offense in future games. We cannot play conservative on offense against Navy.
Agree. One of the best plays of the MIZZOU game was when Thomas just went up and battled a corner for the ball. Have to trust the kids to make plays. I think out offense in a year will be decent but being verducci first year and first year as an oc we should improve

Reaction Score
Agree. One of the best plays of the MIZZOU game was when Thomas just went up and battled a corner for the ball. Have to trust the kids to make plays. I think out offense in a year will be decent but being verducci first year and first year as an oc we should improve

Thomas is a player. If Diaco thinks he's a star then he should get the ball at least 10 times per game. Thomas fights for the ball and I like that about him. He only got the ball 3 times against Nova. That's not good enough for a team struggling to run.

Reaction Score
After 3 weeks...

UConnFootball 1:29pm via TweetDeck
UConn is ranked 18th in the country in total defense this week in @NCAAStats FBS at 279.3 ypg and 15th in scoring defense at just 13.7 ppg

All UConn Stats: http://stats.ncaa.org/team/index/12240?org_id=164.0

Offense nothing to brag about at this point as we all know.

UConnHuskies 4:54pm via Twitter Web Client
Through three games, @UConnFootballQB Bryant Shirreffs ranks 29th nationally with a 67.6 completion pct.#BleedBlue

Reaction Score
UConnFootball3:40pm via TweetDeck
Huskies are 27th nationally in scoring defense (2nd @American_FB) in @NCAAStats; also 37th in total defense (2nd American) #work2win

UConnFootball3:41pm via TweetDeck
Huskies also 21st in country in interceptions with eight, 20th in country in turnover margin and 36th in pass . defense @NCAAStats

UConnFootball3:42pm via TweetDeck
Arkeel Newsome has entered national stats--is 50th in country in both all-purpose yards (4th American) and 50th in KO returns (7th American)

UConnFootball3:43pm via TweetDeck
Jhavon Williams is 25th in interceptions - leads @American_FB -- and @BryantShirreffs is 45th in country in passing #work2win

All UConn stats here:http://stats.ncaa.org/team/index/12240?org_id=164.0

Reaction Score
There lies the two biggest weakness of our team. Those areas need to be fixed if we are ever going to get to a bowl game again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ugh UConn is ranked 111 out of 127 team in team sacks AND 126 out of 127 teams in Sacks Allowed.
There lies the two biggest weakness of our team. Those areas need to be fixed if we are ever going to get to a bowl game again.

Gives about 50-60 yards to the opponents every game based off of those numbers.

Reaction Score
Once again, OL is ineffective against just about everyone, and DL often offers very little pressure except to the weakest teams.

I'm beginning to waver on enthusiasm and concur with the pundits preseason W-L prediction.

I guess I have to take off my rose colored glasses more often.

But I will still be in my seat when the pups play Houston, even if I'm the only one there.

Reaction Score
UConnFootball9:48am via TweetDeck
As Huskies are in bye week, team is 3rd in @NCAAStats nationally in interceptions and tied for first in @American_FB #work2win

UConnFootball9:49am via TweetDeck
Huskies are also 19th in country in turnover margin and third in @American_FB 28th in scoring defense and fourth in the conference#work2win

UConnFootball9:53am via TweetDeck
Individually, Arkeel Newsome is 22nd nationally in all-purpose yards and 2nd in @American_FB 41st nationally in KO returns and 6th in conf.

UConnFootball10:31am via TweetDeck
To clarify, Jamar Summers is tied for third in country in interceptions with six and tied for fifth in per game by @NCAAStats

Reaction Score
UConnFootball7:31pm via TweetDeck
Jamar Summers is now third in the country in interceptions with seven and is fourth in interceptions per game with 0.6 #work2win

UConnFootball7:32pm via TweetDeck
UConn is sixth nationally in the @NCAAStats in team interceptions with 17 and is fifth in the country in turnover margin #work2win

UConnFootball 7:34pm via TweetDeck
The Husky total defense is ranked 37th -- third in @American_FB -- and is 20th in country -- second in American -- in scoring defense

UConnFootball7:35pm via TweetDeck
Arkeel Newsome leads @American_FBin all-purpose yards and is 16th nationally with 141.91 ypg #work2win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom