UConn Nation billboard in Boston | The Boneyard

UConn Nation billboard in Boston

Reaction Score
A billboard on the Massachusetts Turnpike eastbound about 1/2 mile before exit 18 (Cambridge left hand exit) went up this week. Says UConn Nation with a picture of a Massachusetts license plate with UCONN1 on it. I took a picture of it. Doesn't mention the BC-UConn football game but I'm assuming that's why it's up. Maybe after taking over New York City UConn is trying to take over Boston also.

Reaction Score
A billboard on the Massachusetts Turnpike eastbound about 1/2 mile before exit 18 (Cambridge left hand exit) went up this week. Says UConn Nation with a picture of a Massachusetts license plate with UCONN1 on it. I took a picture of it. Doesn't mention the BC-UConn football game but I'm assuming that's why it's up. Maybe after taking over New York City UConn is trying to take over Boston also.

now that the CT budget has been approved, they are spending whatever money they have as fast as possible

Reaction Score
Wow, that really is IN Boston; not just any billboard somewhere random along the highway

Reaction Score
How do I post the picture? I'm guessing I have to put it on the internet somewhere.

Thought it was interesting because at first I thought it was to promote the BC-UConn game but then I noticed there is nothing about the game on the billboard. The billboard is in Allston just past the New Balance HQ building.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How do I post the picture? I'm guessing I have to put it on the internet somewhere.

Thought it was interesting because at first I thought it was to promote the BC-UConn game but then I noticed there is nothing about the game on the billboard. The billboard is in Allston just past the New Balance HQ building.
If it’s on your phone and you’re posting from your phone go to upload a file and select.

Reaction Score
Ok let’s try this. You’ll probably need to zoom in on the photo to see the billboard in the upper right corner of the photo.

Funniest thing about this is that license plate is my friend’s license plate. I sent her the picture and she couldn’t believe it.

Attachments

• 1796C58D-4E2A-4E43-AC53-4D835BCD6C57.jpeg
    1796C58D-4E2A-4E43-AC53-4D835BCD6C57.jpeg
    719.5 KB · Views: 1,006
Reaction Score

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there are more alum in Boston than NYC

Reaction Score
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there are more alum in Boston than NYC
I dunno, on sheer size NYC is more than 10 x the size of Boston and when you add NJ, CT, NY & LI suburbs probably 20-30 times the population. The concentration of UConn grads in Boston is certainly greater, but I'd bet more within 45 miles of NYC than 45 of Boston.

Also I think there is more pent-up UConn demand in FFld County/southern CT vs other parts of CT so the folks within easy driving distance to Boston are less likely to go (they attend in Storrs/Htfd) versus NY suburb folks who'd rather see UConn play in NYC vs Hartford. Finally the tradition of the Big East tourney in NYC creates a comfort and great memories of that trip that make it an easy sell. Boston games are more of a one-off and the fun of other fan rivalries doesn't really exist.

Reaction Score
I dunno, on sheer size NYC is more than 10 x the size of Boston and when you add NJ, CT, NY & LI suburbs probably 20-30 times the population. The concentration of UConn grads in Boston is certainly greater, but I'd bet more within 45 miles of NYC than 45 of Boston.

Also I think there is more pent-up UConn demand in FFld County/southern CT vs other parts of CT so the folks within easy driving distance to Boston are less likely to go (they attend in Storrs/Htfd) versus NY suburb folks who'd rather see UConn play in NYC vs Hartford. Finally the tradition of the Big East tourney in NYC creates a comfort and great memories of that trip that make it an easy sell. Boston games are more of a one-off and the fun of other fan rivalries doesn't really exist.

All that is definitely true, the UConn "brand" is definitely more associated with NYC (MSG, Big East tourney etc).

However, according to this, there are significantly more UConn alum in Boston than NYC.

But, as you say, it's much easier for them to get to Storrs or Hartford.

Attachments

• IMG_4362.JPG
    IMG_4362.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 459
Reaction Score

Edit: I see now that you already say there are a greater concentration of UConn alum in Boston.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Guapo, I thought this was worth posting full size:
img_4362-jpg.25718

I have to say these numbers seem a bit low to me to be fans. Is this old Alumni Assoc. membership?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom