OT: UConn Moves into Top 20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn Moves into Top 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The 338 ranking is irrational! Perhaps President Herbst can address that....
BCU is 359th...football, basketball, now academics. We're running out of things to eclipse them in.

Reaction Score
BCU is 359th...football, basketball, now academics. We're running out of things to eclipse them in.
Heck with BCU. We have some bigger fish to eclipse!

Reaction Score
They're not meaningless. They are just bad. They are meaningful to a lot of people, however.

I agree, not "meaningless," but after the obvious top schools, they become an awful lot like "stars" in the recruiting world. Stars aren't meaningless but you have to use your judgment.

Reaction Score
Love that my degree increases in value each year! Loved going to UConn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the acc must wake up every day and ask themselves why did they touch bcu. dont carry tv mk's, fball and bball are dying quickly, fans support is horrible etc etc and now they are slowly slipping in the all important to the acc school rankings. lmfao. alot of ppl want to be in a conf with bc after the expansion crazyness goes down. i want to be in a different one. they are our only other new england competition from new england. right now were different becuase of conf afiliation and where the sports programs are going etc. putting us in the same conf wouldn't help uconn, it would just level the field a bit. no matter who is in the better conf, if were both in different ones, recruits/fans will chose the sucessful team to follow. and things will build from there, its already happening in new england. i say we make sure we are far away from them, becuase we can be sucessful without them(we are already) and eventually we may kill them off. i can see a not to far away future where not just the best bball players are coming here, but in new england the best fball players are looking here and not bc.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UNC-Chapel Hill? being 57th...

WTF are they known for! besides athletics.

That may sound offensive and crap but it makes no sense!

I'll assume this is a joke, because UNC is a very good school.

Reaction Score
Isn't U of Chicago know more for Graduate Schools? I don't think I've ever met anyone who went there Undergrad.

Yes, quite right. But they do have undergrads. I'd never send my kid there though.

Reaction Score
My brother was a prof at University of Chicago and I'm guessing he would disagree with your statement just mildly. But he's moved on so maybe he wouldn't care. I'll tell you that UC's MBA program is top notch, particularly in the finance area.

My point was that if you choose these schools by rankings, you're in for it. UC has a rep as being very unkind to undergrads.

Reaction Score
That is a strange statement. U of Chicago is a fantastic school for both grad and undergrad. I will acknowledge that there is a major freakshow quality among the undergrads, but it is still a top university. I wouldn't put it #5, but it would be Top 10.

We just disagree. I agree the school overall is top notch, but if I'm an undergrad, I can find 40 to 50 schools I'd rather attend.

Reaction Score
Yale is a bit too high. Let's stick with public schools....

I think a good aim would be to eclipse some of the Cal schools and put us in the tier with UWash and UWisc.

We just disagree. I agree the school overall is top notch, but if I'm an undergrad, I can find 40 to 50 schools I'd rather attend.

FWIW, Yale is also considered a much much better graduate school than it is an undergraduate school.

Reaction Score
I think a good aim would be to eclipse some of the Cal schools and put us in the tier with UWash and UWisc.

FWIW, Yale is also considered a much much better graduate school than it is an undergraduate school.

???

Go on. How'd ya figure?

Reaction Score
???

Go on. How'd ya figure?

Just being in graduate school now and hearing a lot of what's going on - Yale is probably more important than most if not all of the Ivy's when it comes to graduate programs. For instance, I know Yale by far has the best graduate program in my field.

Reaction Score
Yale has great graduate programs in many fields. Yale is a great world class university. It's bread-and-butter though has always been the strength of its undergraduate program.

There are only a few schools that are in Chicago's class when it comes to taking a complete disinterest in undergraduate studies. Johns Hopkins is one, Carnegie Mellon is another. These are three schools that a parent should beware of. I'm sure there are several more out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom