UConn/Mich game watch in NYC | The Boneyard

UConn/Mich game watch in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know a good place to watch the game in NYC tomorrow night? I'm staying near mid-town, so something in that area would be preferable. Thanks.

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
I'd be in to meet up. Van Diemens claims to be a UConn bar (http://vandiemensnyc.com/), but last time I went they had no idea a MBB game was on, which was unimpressive. We would also have to make sure the place has AXStv.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'd be in to meet up. Van Diemens claims to be a UConn bar (http://vandiemensnyc.com/), but last time I went they had no idea a MBB game was on, which was unimpressive. We would also have to make sure the place has AXStv.

Place claims to be a UConn bar but that's dubious at best. I'm probably leaving town tomorrow night but if not I'd be down to meet fellow Yarders.

Reaction Score
The bar you go to needs to have FIOS or DirectTV high def. Cablevision (Optimum) in NYC does not carry AXS. It is channel 539 FiOs or 340 Direct TV in NYC.

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
The bar you go to needs to have FIOS or DirectTV high def. Cablevision (Optimum) in NYC does not carry AXS. It is channel 539 FiOs or 340 Direct TV in NYC.

I'm showing 569 on my fios downtown, so it might be different depending on where you are.

I was thinking of going to Shorty's in the Financial District by Stone St. I know they have Fios HD, good food and the bars down there usually have plenty of space to sit down and watch a game once the happy hour crowd clears out.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Go home and see your family you heathens!

(Says the guy who is in the Bahamas not seeing his family...)

Reaction Score
BUHusky said:
Go home and see your family you heathens! (Says the guy who is in the Bahamas not seeing his family...)
I'm actually bringing my family to the city. Unfortunately my brother is a Michigan alum, so I'll be dealing with him and some of his obnoxious buddies.

Reaction Score
I'm showing 569 on my fios downtown, so it might be different depending on where you are.

I was thinking of going to Shorty's in the Financial District by Stone St. I know they have Fios HD, good food and the bars down there usually have plenty of space to sit down and watch a game once the happy hour crowd clears out.
You are correct, 569 Fios.

Reaction Score
Anyone know a good place to watch the game in NYC tomorrow night? I'm staying near mid-town, so something in that area would be preferable. Thanks.
It is true that Van Diemens is the closest thing to a UConn bar the city has to offer, but dont be dissapointed when over 50% of the crowd thinks UConn is in Alaska... There is usually a solid showing for bball games, but will hardly be a sea of American flag blue.

More downtown in east village, there is a bar called Standings http://standingsbar.com/ which the owner is a UConn alum, however, the bar is very small and does not sell food. Less of a UConn showing there then at Van Diemens.

It's crazy to me that for a School thats 140 miles away and has around 10K alumni in the city, theres not 1 bar for us like ALL the other big schools.

Reaction Score
It is true that Van Diemens is the closest thing to a UConn bar the city has to offer, but dont be dissapointed when over 50% of the crowd thinks UConn is in Alaska... There is usually a solid showing for bball games, but will hardly be a sea of American flag blue.
I work near Van Diemens and I've noticed that too. In fact, one time I went in there to watch a game and they gave me a hard time when I asked them to put the UConn game on.

If there is enough interest why don't we pick a better spot to watch? I vote for a bar with lots of space, craft beer, and near mass transit.

I'm watching the games tonight and tomorrow in the Bronx, but going forward I would be willing to watch them in the city.

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
For anyone still looking got the B4A on at one and one in the East Vill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads