UConn MHOC 22-23 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 22-23

Reaction Score
But kids generally don’t leave the program if they have PT staring them right on the face. Usually it’s the opposite. How many forwards at this point HAVENT left via graduating, the pros or transfers?
We have a new arena opening, are in a good conference, and these are kids who have multiple years left. It’s not like these kids entering the portal have one year left and want to hitch on to a program that will go far in a rebuild year for us
Not sure about hockey but kids in basketball and football leave all the time despite getting tons of PT and looking at PT in the future as well

Reaction Score
Not really surprised with Berger. He had a couple of crucial turnovers in a game ( can't remember which one) and he was benched the next game, and Aiden Metcalfe played in his place. The other thing that doesn't help is both Karachik and Rigali transferred and both played in the frozen four. I mean, we were one goal away from making it too, so I am concerned.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how to read the portal right now. Grad transfers is one thing but you sort of need to see where guys end up. Shlaine and Telguine are disappointments to me. I though both had talent, but we’ll see where they end up. You also are not party to what goes on between player and coach and if somebody was “advised” to look elsewhere. But to me it looks like we need scorers and a couple of dmen

Reaction Score
Good addition, but highly dependent on his health. Will add experienced leadership.

But he had more than one season-ending injury at BU and was consistently hurt in between. Most of it was bad luck, some of it was a bit of a reckless style of play.

Reaction Score
So his brother still plays at BU and his father may go to coach at BU - and he’s leaving to play at UConn.
Interesting

Reaction Score
So his brother still plays at BU and his father may go to coach at BU - and he’s leaving to play at UConn.
Interesting
There's no chance Tony is hired at BU. That rumor was started by a random local reporter who had a source - that reporter later admitted the source was completely wrong.

Ty transferred because BU doesn't have scholarship $ (or space on the roster) for him in a 6th year. He was recruited to UConn by Joe Pereira because there's space, and presumably scholarship $, available. Ty's 6th year was completely unexpected because it involved getting the NCAA to approve an injury waiver. He's already used his extra Covid year this past season.

Reaction Score

-> When he committed to the Huskies last August, the plan was for him to arrive as a true freshman for the 2023-24 season. But Wood tore up the BCHL — one of the top junior hockey leagues in North America — with a league-high 45 goals and 85 points in 46 games for the Victoria Grizzlies as a 16- and 17-year old.

Listed at 6-foot-4, 185 pounds with a right-handed shot, Wood is a power forward with plenty of skill and hockey sense to match. <-

Reaction Score
I guess Mike's looking towards 2022-23 or somebody told him to get on social media ;).... but it is an interesting statement and timing. Something big brewing ?

Reaction Score
That would be hilarious if he put that out to get a higher financial package from BC.
But yeah he’s definitely staying after that release.

Reaction Score
Well it’s no secret in here that I like Cav and think he has done a great job building this program from nothing. Now that he’s staying we have stability back and can work on refilling the roster. Having said that, I do wonder with some of the current players transferring out. What were their reasons?? (Shlaine, Berger) I guess we’ll never know. Looking forward to the new season and team.

Reaction Score
Having said that, I do wonder with some of the current players transferring out. What were their reasons?? (Shlaine, Berger) I guess we’ll never know.
Good listen/info from Connolly... last half hour +/- talks about portal moves:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom