UConn MHOC 22-23 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 22-23

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We've lost 2 underclassmen: Firstov and Shaine. The rest are seniors that are leaving, unless I missed someone. We need a lot more talent coming in.
Puskar as well. By decimated, I mean it will be a tall order to replace what we have lost through graduation, pros and transfers.

Reaction Score
The 2021-22 roster consisted of 28 players.

2, Keane and Pasquale, are goaltenders who will never play.

So UConn is losing 14 out of 26 players this offseason (13 out of 26 if Kinal returns).

Ouch

Reaction Score
Why the hell is Shlaine leaving? He got PT

Odd
As Connolly noted yesterday… Wheeler went into the portal and then came out of the portal. I guess kids may want to see what options there are…

I’m not panicking yet - the portal is two way traffic. In Cav/Pereira we trust (i.e. Hanson, ONeill, Gourley, etc…)

Reaction Score
Even more odd about the potential transfer of Shlaine is he’s got big time PT available and a new arena on the horizon and all that comes with it.

Reaction Score
Senior Maine forward Adam Dawe following UConn Hockey twitter. He is in the transfer portal.

11 points last season.

Reaction Score
They need to (embrace portal)there is a lot of talent and leadership leaving and you can’t fill that with freshman and not expect to take a major step backwards while they acclimate to college game.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing losing 9 of 13 forwards and 4 of 9 defensemen is probably not ideal.

Reaction Score
Wow. I wasn't concerned earlier but I am now. I would hope Connelly has the inside scoop.

Reaction Score
Seriously this is just bizarre as hell.
Plenty of playing time to go around and a new arena about to open.
What the hell is going on. There’s no way Cav is gently pushing these guys out, right?
We are ten days removed from the high point of the program for crissakes.

Reaction Score
Seriously this is just bizarre as hell.
Plenty of playing time to go around and a new arena about to open.
What the hell is going on. There’s no way Cav is gently pushing these guys out, right?
We are ten days removed from the high point of the program for crissakes.
Welcome to the new world… programs across the country have kids entering the portal on a daily basis. Some may end up back after seeing what options are available to them and others will head off for a change of scenery.

The college football world has been experiencing this since the transfer portal came into existence a few years ago (?2018). College hockey is just catching up albeit w/ smaller rosters.

Reaction Score
But kids generally don’t leave the program if they have PT staring them right on the face. Usually it’s the opposite. How many forwards at this point HAVENT left via graduating, the pros or transfers?
We have a new arena opening, are in a good conference, and these are kids who have multiple years left. It’s not like these kids entering the portal have one year left and want to hitch on to a program that will go far in a rebuild year for us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom