UConn men's soccer recruiting | The Boneyard

UConn men's soccer recruiting

Reaction Score
While Ray Reid has been in charge, UConn men's soccer has never done much of anything to publicize their recruiting signings. The team never issues press releases on who is joining the team. That may be changing a little bit, as I just noticed that the UConn men's twitter feed has announced a few new players to the team for this fall. I don't recall them ever doing that before.

UConn Men's Soccer
@UConnMSOC

Welcome Josh Burnett, the No. 43 TopDrawerSoccer ranked recruit.#UConnNation pic.twitter.com/HX8Dp7JOaR
12:44 PM - 2 Feb 2017
C3sBZHIUYAAGZ9p.jpg:small

Reaction Score
Seems like a great class. Let's hope this is a solid bounce back year for Reid. If not I hope we go hard at Caleb Porter

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's hope this is a solid bounce back year for Reid. If not I hope we go hard at Caleb Porter

Caleb Porter?? yeah right

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I miss the days when Morrone could win a national championship with all U.S. players. I know that we need a few internationals, but this strikes me as perhaps too many. UConn should be an attractive place to play. Are we struggling to recruit Americans?

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn Men’s Soccer Program Signs Four to Class of 2023 - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

I never imagined that Ray Reid would ever actually put out a press release on recruits that were joining the soccer program. And on signing day yet. His lack of publicity on recruits was something I would complain about often. The times they are a changing. No doubt UConn will also bring in a number of international players like they always do.

Nice, our new stadium paying off already?

Reaction Score
Nice, our new stadium paying off already?

I'm more inclined to think it is the influence of people in athletic communications such as Chris Jones and others like him.

Reaction Score
I miss the days when Morrone could win a national championship with all U.S. players. I know that we need a few internationals, but this strikes me as perhaps too many. UConn should be an attractive place to play. Are we struggling to recruit Americans?

This is an old post but it seems like college soccer rosters everywhere are populated heavily with Internationals. Cast off European Academy kids are still a cut above your average top American recruit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is an old post but it seems like college soccer rosters everywhere are populated heavily with Internationals. Cast off European Academy kids are still a cut above your average top American recruit.

Seems like we are heavy on the African kids. Doesn’t bode well for American soccer really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom