UConn Men's Soccer Player Ziyad Fekri arrested in connection to a number of violent assaults | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Soccer Player Ziyad Fekri arrested in connection to a number of violent assaults

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Obviously this young man has serious issues and needs to be dealt with properly
Hope that the young lady will come out of this OK
It seems that the program needs to be heading in a different direction in many ways - it enjoys a great tradition and getting into the NBE was a great shot in the arm but Covid has taken its toll. As a lifelong fan (65yo) I have seen the program stagnate over the past 6 plus years.
I feel (not because of this particular issue) it needs to see new leadership. I admire Coach Miller but strongly support a complete overhaul in the coaching staff - new blood that will create some excitement. The program will attract interest from a high level of coaching plus the new facilities will help tremendously.

Reaction Score
The fact that he is still listed on the active roster is troubling at this time.

Obviously, I don't know this case. But, if the soccer program had even an inkling that this was going on ("...revealed that he was responsible for a number of violent assaults over the course of a monthlong time period against the victim") anyone within UConn Soccer and the athletic program should be shown the door immediately no matter who they are.

Reaction Score
The fact that he is still listed on the active roster is troubling at this time.

Obviously, I don't know this case. But, if the soccer program had even an inkling that this was going on ("...revealed that he was responsible for a number of violent assaults over the course of a monthlong time period against the victim") anyone within UConn Soccer and the athletic program should be shown the door immediately no matter who they are.
If you read the article, it clearly states that he was suspended after the first arrest in February and that he no longer was an enrolled student at the time of this arrest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom