UConn Men's Soccer 2024 | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Soccer 2024

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
My brother just sent me this. Is it normal or should we be worried?

1000004957.jpg

Reaction Score
I doubt it is anything to worry about. UConn baseball always has an open tryout every fall. The difference of course is that the baseball tryout is relatively well publicized every season, while if other UConn sports have walk on tryouts, they generally don't get known to the general public.

Reaction Score
2 guys went pro and 3 guys transferred. There are likely a couple spots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With UMass moving to the MAC, I wonder if UMass Soccer will stay in the A-10, or perhaps join the Big East with Akron.

"Of the four full MAC members that sponsored men's soccer in the 2022 season, Bowling Green, Northern Illinois, and Western Michigan moved the sport to the Missouri Valley Conference, and Akron moved it to the Big East Conference."

Reaction Score
Well, I still haven't seen any news about roster additions from UConn, but they seem to have some new players listed on the roster.

Marco Valentic - 5'9 junior midfielder, previously played at Bucknell. Averaged about 60 mins last year, finished with 1G 3A.
Charlie Holmes - 6'3 junior midfielder/forward, also played at Bucknell. Led their team in points, 3rd team All-Patriot League last year.
Michael Suski - 5'10 graduate forward. Spent last year at Syracuse but hardly played, pretty major contributor for BC earlier in his career.

Still not a single freshman listed on the roster, but I'd expect to hear some more roster news soon considering we lost a few big time players. I know college soccer doesn't have a ton of fanfare, but I do wish somebody would try a little harder to at least keep fans informed. Their first exhibition match is in barely a month!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Being an ardent UConn Mens soccer fan since the early 1960s, HCCB handles the publicity of his program a lot differently than either former HCs RR or JM.
I know he has signed at least 2 of 5 of the state's top 2024 graduating HS class but he needs to make some noise in the NBE before top tier players will again look to play in Storrs. The ACC is still the first choice for the best of the best.

Reaction Score
Being an ardent UConn Mens soccer fan since the early 1960s, HCCB handles the publicity of his program a lot differently than either former HCs RR or JM.

I just find it weird because publicity/marketing is one thing, but they aren’t even giving people the tools to get excited. A one sentence tweet and a graphic goes a long way. UConn football has been showing recently that landing recruits gets fans excited even if they aren’t 5-star guys.

But, last year for example, we landed Lucas Almeida who was USCA national player of the year in high school, and they didn’t even mention him until August which is maybe 2 weeks before they start playing exhibitions. It just seems like a crazy way to handle it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom