UConn Men's Insider: Strong Early Schedule Could Pave Way For Long March Run | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Insider: Strong Early Schedule Could Pave Way For Long March Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes - as long as UConn wins quite a few of them

Reaction Score
Listened to some old guy at a NYC UConn alumni event tonight talk shop about the upcoming UConn hoops seasons. Calls them the most talented team UConn has had under KO and slots them in between #10 and #15 in the country and #1 in the American. Very, very high on Alterique. Said UConn's biggest area of weakness this season, which has been the case over the last few season, has been offensive rebounding. UConn needs to win some of the big early games (Maui, Syracuse, G-Town & Ohio St) because outside UConn, Cincy, and Houston, the rest of the American is weak.

His 'best' teams in the NCAA at the start of this season are 1) Duke, 2) Kentucky, and 3) Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
The strong early schedule is every year now right?

C

Chief00

I read the article and quite frankly the last part rings true to me - getting a young team ready so soon is a challenge. UConn needs to figure out a way to schedule an elite team in Jan/Feb.
Unfortunately, their power ranking will already be in stone before they jell - unless they come together much earlier than most teams with lots of new talent. I hope this helps.

Reaction Score
Listened to some old guy at a NYC UConn alumni event tonight talk shop about the upcoming UConn hoops seasons. Calls them the most talented team UConn has had under KO and slots them in between #10 and #15 in the country and #1 in the American. Very, very high on Alterique. Said UConn's biggest area of weakness this season, which has been the case over the last few season, has been offensive rebounding. UConn needs to win some of the big early games (Maui, Syracuse, G-Town & Ohio St) because outside UConn, Cincy, and Houston, the rest of the American is weak.

His 'best' teams in the NCAA at the start of this season are 1) Duke, 2) Kentucky, and 3) Wisconsin.

I think he was down on all rebounding, not jut offensive. He REALLY wants KO to let the kids run also. Brought that up a couple times. Loved his dig on Taliek being in the NBA if he could shoot. I was surprised by his frankness on a couple things as well.

Reaction Score
why surprised by JC frankness? I love JC never been the tight-lipped type! :)

Thanks to all in this thread recapping JC talk!!!!

Reaction Score

For chiefly unknown reasons, Boneyarders have been conditioned that remarks prefaced by "quite frankly" are indicative of someone making up a bunch of crap.

Reaction Score

It was really just a few comments he made about DD. Basically said he'd be a stud if he had any toughness. Also had a good line when he was fumbling about realignment a bit. He was reminiscing about the Big East and all the great coaches and teams. He said something like, "let's be real, it's hard to get excited about an East Carolina game."

He looks fantastic and he was very engaging and accommodating to everyone.

Reaction Score
It was really just a few comments he made about DD. Basically said he'd be a stud if he had any toughness. Also had a good line when he was fumbling about realignment a bit. He was reminiscing about the Big East and all the great coaches and teams. He said something like, "let's be real, it's hard to get excited about an East Carolina game."

He looks fantastic and he was very engaging and accommodating to everyone.

That said, not sure if Taliek will every come back as he got merciless ribbed while Okafor was teased for not being able to get a babysitter. Sounded like a dinner table conversation with your typical family.

PS - Spoke to Taliek a bit. He's running a non-profit in Queens now where he grew-up to get kids off the street. Very impressed.

Reaction Score
I think this is finally the year that Justin Brown gets in the starting line up.

Reaction Score
I've heard Jalen is currently not on the first team in practice. Just a motivational thing from Ollie or more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom