UConn Men's Hockey OOC Schedule for 2013 | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Hockey OOC Schedule for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Will Moran - 2 games @ Minnesota State; @ Boston University; @ Providence; Vs. Union; Vs. Sacred Heart (non-league); Vs. Quinnipiac or UMass (Holiday Tournament)

Reaction Score
That is pretty nice, although I think Sacred Heart is a conference game. That has been the standard practice in the UConn tournament. Play a league opponent in a league game in round 1 then a non-conference game in round 2. Very Connecticut/Western New England feeling to this year's tourney. UMass, Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart and UConn...A glimpse of things to come perhaps?

Reaction Score
Not bad at all. Start off with a tough 2 game trip to Minnesota State. Home opener on a Friday night with Union. I thought the Providence game was later in January, but I guess not. Nice set up for the UConn tournament with UMass, QU, Sacred Heart, all locals, being there. Maybe they get Yale at some point and make it an all-Connecticut affair.

Reaction Score
Not bad at all. Start off with a tough 2 game trip to Minnesota State. Home opener on a Friday night with Union. I thought the Providence game was later in January, but I guess not. Nice set up for the UConn tournament with UMass, QU, Sacred Heart, all locals, being there. Maybe they get Yale at some point and make it an all-Connecticut affair.

Just need to get the Eli's on board...

From Chip Malafronte Sunday Gravy column in NHR on the 13th:

>> "There’s been clamoring to develop a Beanpot-style college hockey tournament in Connecticut for some time. In the past it didn’t seem all that appealing. Talent differential was heavily in favor of Yale and Quinnipiac. (Although, to be fair, there’s no drama in the Beanpot, either.)

But with UConn a year away from Hockey East, giving the state representation from three conferences, it becomes an alluring idea.

Mike Cavanaugh, unveiled this week as UConn’s new hockey coach, is absolutely in favor of an all-Connecticut showcase and has already spoken to Sacred Heart coach C.J. Marottolo about it. Marottolo even has a perfect name: the Tim Taylor Cup.

“That would be very appropriate and a tremendous tribute to Tim,” Cavanaugh said. “I’m fully supportive of all of it.”<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom