UConn Men Ranked 16th In USA Today Poll, But Ollie Pushing Them Hard | The Boneyard

UConn Men Ranked 16th In USA Today Poll, But Ollie Pushing Them Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ollieism alert....

"I've been a freshman," he said. "It was all over the place and I wanted to go home. I stuck to it. I didn't park in my toughest tough times, I just drove through it. Maybe you drive one mile an hour, some of those guys drive 10, as long as you don't park and stand still."

Reaction Score
Hooper you are slipping. Why did you not just cut and paste the whole article? You could have saved hundreds of boneyarderz a click... Very very odd. Are you sick?

To answer for Hooper...This is a real article, not a Zags rehash.

Reaction Score
The "but" in the title is odd. Why wouldn't he push them hard?

"Hey, guys, we're #16 in the preseason coaches poll - take the rest of the week off from practice."

Literally no one would do that.

Reaction Score
I think mostly because the norm over the past few years was us not feeling 'respected' enough by our preseason rankings so Ollie could always use that as fodder to motivate them in early practices. "Prove them wrong" type of thing, so they just made a point of saying he's still doing the same thing despite that ranking not being so underwhelming

Reaction Score

I really don't buy uconn 'peaking at the right time' last year, it honestly took them a miracle to get to the ncaas. And ollies team tried to do the same thing the year before @ the xl center but it didn't work out. this season its pretty much imperative they win multiple games in maui, you can't say "i want to be the best team in march, not november" in 2016 there are only so many opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom