UConn @ Memphis | The Boneyard

UConn @ Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
What's up Huskies? It's that time again, Memphis and UConn will meet at Liberty Bowl Saturday for a 3pm (local time) match up on ESPN-News. Memphis is currently a 20.5 point favorite.

Memphis will be playing for a share of the AAC title, while UConn is trying to turn it's program around under a new coach.

Weather looks to be 65, cloudy, 10% rain chance.

Come on down to Memphis and enjoy some BBQ, Southern Hospitality, and good weather!
imagejpg1_zpsa947b77c.jpg

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Now, they've got catfish on the table
They've got gospel in the air
And Reverend Green, be glad to see you
When you haven't got a prayer

We haven't got a prayer in Memphis.
But HC Diaco will have his blue suede shoes on and be walking ten feet off of Beale, for sure.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Bob loved Cincinatti - we havent heard his thoughts on the Memphis food culture as of yet.

Reaction Score
Memphis is surprisingly good this year. We'd kill to have a turnaround like Memphis has from last year to this year.

Yes, but they are still Memphis. I know that Memphis, given their academic and athletic reputation, is thrilled to be in the American and partnered with a school like UConn. But from where I sit, I loathe that we are associated with a school like Memphis.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Yes, but they are still Memphis. I know that Memphis, given their academic and athletic reputation, is thrilled to be in the American and partnered with a school like UConn. But from where I sit, I loathe that we are associated with a school like Memphis.

I'll remember that as Fuente holds up an AAC trophy :)

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Enjoy the trip to Birmingham.

We've been there, done that.

I'm excited...

SEC will fill the bowl spot.

Jan 3 means I get to spend the holidays with my family.

Sat at noon means I can drive in Friday night after work, drive home after the game Sat afternoon.

Cheap tickets, and cheap rooms.

I'll hit Dreamland and Saw's BBQ...Tour the 16th street church...and watch the Tigers take on an SEC foe.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'm excited...

SEC will fill the bowl spot.

Jan 3 means I get to spend the holidays with my family.

Sat at noon means I can drive in Friday night after work, drive home after the game Sat afternoon.

Cheap tickets, and cheap rooms.

I'll hit Dreamland and Saw's BBQ...Tour the 16th street church...and watch the Tigers take on an SEC foe.
You only left out the part about the midget tranny prostitute and what shape your poo will be in.
Honestly, post this drivel on the Memphis forum where people are a bit more cheerful and a bit less likely to print out your post for use as Tyler Phommachanh.

Reaction Score
The reality is that if the travel squad really has mailed it in and Diaco lost this team with 2 games to go? Thanksgiving week, travel........If there is any crack in the "family" and "culture of love and care" that Diaco preaches - this is going to be a massacre. If it's really there, then we'll compete and make a game of it. We'll find out Saturday. Memphis, whether we like it or not where we sit from our thrones in the basketball capital of the world, will relish in beating us very badly for a variety of reasons starting with the ass kicking we laid on them last December.

You know, I've been thinking about it - and Diaco, if nothing else has been consistently honest. Words and actions for the most part - are reliable. The results suck - which indicates at some point, that the actions need to change - but he's been consistent.

I have no idea what he did to the UCONN defense to prepare for Army - but he's been consistent that it takes at least 2 weeks to recover from what he did. It's entirely possible we come out against Memphis, with an effective defense to go with our grade school equal playing time participation trophy offense he's been consistent with, and keep it to a one possession game late.

maybe we'll win?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
You only left out the part about the midget tranny prostitute and what shape your poo will be in.
Honestly, post this drivel on the Memphis forum where people are a bit more cheerful and a bit less likely to print out your post for use as Tyler Phommachanh.

don't tell anyone...but we actually play a football game this week, and share a conference.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We'll likely all be tailgating for UCONN vs Texas on Sunday to notice this game.

Reaction Score
Spent lots of time in Memphis. Enjoy the Peabody Hotel ducklings and Beale St. Can't make the game this weekend but will be watching.

Reaction Score
Spent lots of time in Memphis. Enjoy the Peabody Hotel ducklings and Beale St. Can't make the game this weekend but will be watching.

You can't beat the Sunday Brunch at the Peabody.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Memphis is surprisingly good this year. We'd kill to have a turnaround like Memphis has from last year to this year.
But it took Memphis three years, not two. You willing to wait that long? I hope UConn doesn't have to.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
But it took Memphis three years, not two. You willing to wait that long? I hope UConn doesn't have to.

It took Memphis longer than that...

2009: 2-10 (Tommy West fired)
2010: 1-11
2011: 2-10 (Larry Porter fired)
2012: 4-8
2013: 3-9

It's been a long time since we played in 5 bowls in 6 years (2003-2008)

Reaction Score
Memphis has managed to avoid playing east carolina and ucf this year thru the miracle of AAC scheduling. If we can beat UCF, we can also play with these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom