UConn memorabilia - What do you have? | The Boneyard

UConn memorabilia - What do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Piggybacking off a thread below, I thought it'd be a good offshoot discussion.

Does anyone have anything that's really rare or unique or interesting?

My favorite item, which I'm sure many of you have, is a piece of the 1999 floor. They offered it up for sale as a plaque and someone got it for me as a gift. I like to think it's the part Langdon stumbled on right at the end.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Two items. One is a UConn-Yale football program from 1979 (when I was a baby). Mine's not autographed like the one below. But I like how crude the drawing of Musket-era Jonathan is, the artist was probably a Yalie and hopefully not a MFA student. Not super rare as you can find these on ebay sometimes.

NJgudar.jpg

The other memorabilia is a printed photo I took on my smartphone of the UConn-Michigan State jumbotron at MSG with the final score, framed with my ticket stub. Maybe the next time UConn makes a FF (hopefully soon) I'll be able to splurge on tickets/hotel and have another photo to frame.

Reaction Score
I went to UConn basketball camp in 94 and 95 when I was 12/13 years old. At that time, Big Y (or another local supermarket, but I believe it was Big Y), issued UConn basketball cards of all the players and coaches. I met Ray Allen (and other players) at the camp and Ray, Rudy Johnson, etc. signed their cards. Calhoun also signed his card. Those camps were awesome..the guys ran pick up at night and went hard. To watch those teams go at it like that behind the scenes, at that age, was amazing.

Reaction Score
They did those cards for a few years in the early 90's. I have a few somewhere in a shoebox. I need to dig them up.
I love my JC bobblehead which is displayed on my desk at work. Can't wait to get my KO one.

Reaction Score
I have a ball autographed by Emeka and Ben and lots of other members of the 2004 Natl Championship team. If anyone would like it for a reasonable sum, please PM me.

Reaction Score
My oldest UCONN program is UCONN football vs. Wesleyan in 1936.

Reaction Score

My favorite item, which I'm sure many of you have, is a piece of the 1999 floor. They offered it up for sale as a plaque and someone got it for me as a gift. I like to think it's the part Langdon stumbled on right at the end.

I have a piece of the net we cut down in Phoenix in 1999.

Also, a 1999 Championship Ring.

Reaction Score
Calhoun bubblehead doll from one of the Gample games that were given out to the student section.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I have a piece of the net we cut down in Phoenix in 1999.

Also, a 1999 Championship Ring.

Wow!
Story?

I have UCONN watch, JC bobblehead (Maya too).

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I have the program from when they opened Gampel, a pair of JC bobbleheads, some media guides and a fair amount of autographed cards. The media guides I was going to sell on eBay after the new year.
My best possession is a shirt signed by Ray Allen with his "Ray of Light" charity name and logo on it.

Reaction Score
A ball signed by the 2011 Championship team, including Coach Calhoun, and a piece of the 2011 floor.

Reaction Score
I have VHS tapes of our first 2 national championships. (post game stuff from Channel 3 included)

I'd gladly give those up in exchange for a NC ring or a piece of the net. Let me know guys. :)

Reaction Score
A ball signed by the 2011 championship team.
A signed copy of Coach Calhoun's book.
Signed picture of Kevin Ollie and I.
Signed picture of Emeka and I
Signed picture of Shabazz and I
Picture with Coach Calhoun (Still trying to get that one signed)
Picture with Rip (Still trying to get that one signed)
Picture with Kemba (not signed yet either)
A piece of the 1999 floor

Reaction Score

I still have my NIT t-shirt. It is packed lovingly away and might be in worse shape than I am...

Reaction Score

I also have two binders full of the articles surrounding the first two championships. I believe they were compiled by some a s s hole from the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
- a program (and ticket) from the first jim calhoun alumi charity game at mohegan sun arena
- a championship tee from 1999
- a wooden basketball (with a picture of jonathan lasered on it) mounted on a wooden base trophy from 1999 inscribed; UCONN-77 Duke-74
- a signed Ray Allen brochure from one of his celebrity basketball tourney events
- all the sports illustrated UCONN championship cover magazines plus a few of the UCONN womens covers
- the double issue sports illustrated issue of 2004 (both mens and womens championship seasons featured in this issue)

Reaction Score
Autographed Ray pic. He came to Bob's during one of his first years with the Bucks for a signing.

Autographed Voskhul pic. He and numerous others came to my elementary school.

Reaction Score
I have a few autographed basketballs. One is is signed by just Ray Allen. The other is signed by Ray Allen, Rudy Gay, Andre Drummond. I have a signed dollar bill from Ray Allen that I got when I was in 5th grade along with a photo of Ray and Kirk King when they visited the cafeteria one day at my elementary school. A framed 2014 NCAA tournament bracket and some trading cards that used to be handed out at some of the games.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This thread has made me feel very old.

Reaction Score
-Got a Shabazz signed SI cover from this year
-Pic of KO and I signed
-2009 team signed basketball
-Various autographs in program from Calhoun charity events

Reaction Score
basketball signed by half of the huskies from the 96-97 season.

Rip Hamilton
Ricky Moore
Kevin Freeman
and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads