UConn MBB & WBB to play in Battle 4 Atlantis in Bahamas in November ? | The Boneyard

UConn MBB & WBB to play in Battle 4 Atlantis in Bahamas in November ?

Reaction Score
As previously reported last spring...

->Contracts have been signed for the Huskies’ men’s and women’s teams to take part in the Battle 4 Atlantis scheduled to be played at Atlantis Paradise Island on Paradise Island in Nassau, Bahamas the week of Thanksgiving.

The women’s tournament is set to run Saturday to Monday, Nov. 20-22. The men’s tournament is scheduled for Wednesday to Friday, Nov. 24-26.

The eight-team men’s field will also have Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, Loyola Chicago, Michigan State, Syracuse, and Virginia Commonwealth.

The eight-team women’s field will also include Buffalo, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse.<-

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Old School Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
This sounds exciting...keep the info coming...if COVID doesn’t win out this is a tournament I would love to be part of.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Please, PLEASE let this tournament happen. Getting to hold Buddy Boeheim to 1-18 shooting would be the highlight of the year.
Its Happening Bernie Sanders GIF

Reaction Score
Anyone going? Just took a look at pricing, tickets are more than I thought they’d be. Curious if everyone would stay on the resort or look elsewhere. Seem to recall someone saying they were going off the resort. Curious what the logistics for everyone looks like. Also wondering if UConn will have some type of all inclusive pricing to try and get more fans out, has anyone seen/heard of that?

Reaction Score
Anyone going? Just took a look at pricing, tickets are more than I thought they’d be. Curious if everyone would stay on the resort or look elsewhere. Seem to recall someone saying they were going off the resort. Curious what the logistics for everyone looks like. Also wondering if UConn will have some type of all inclusive pricing to try and get more fans out, has anyone seen/heard of that?
I plan on going, but it's not cheap. On the Atlantis website under "events" they are advertising a Battle4Atlantis package which includes flights/hotel/tickets but it still says "coming soon" so I'm kind of waiting to see what that package looks like before booking anything.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Where are you seeing game tickets for sale?

I am going with my family; we have booked an AirBnB on Paradise Island that is not part of a resort, but is a ten-minute walk along the beach to Atlantis.

We have already booked our flights as well (not easy finding reasonable airfare home on Sunday 11/28, but after some looking finally found good flights home on Delta through Atlanta; flying AA through Charlotte on the way down). So all I need are game tickets.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Went and stayed in an air bnb one year and thought that was far preferable to resort costs. It was easy enough to get back and forth (was within walking distance). Would do it again.

Reaction Score
I plan on going, but it's not cheap. On the Atlantis website under "events" they are advertising a Battle4Atlantis package which includes flights/hotel/tickets but it still says "coming soon" so I'm kind of waiting to see what that package looks like before booking anything.
Where are you seeing game tickets for sale?

I am going with my family; we have booked an AirBnB on Paradise Island that is not part of a resort, but is a ten-minute walk along the beach Atlantis.

We have already booked our flights as well (not easy finding reasonable airfare home on Sunday 11/28, but after some looking finally found good flights home on Delta through Atlanta; flying AA through Charlotte on the way down). So all I need are game tickets.
I played around on the Atlantis website. Just looked at various dates of hotel stays on the resort and the Battle 4 Atlantis tickets tab popped up. It’s like 450ish for the tickets for the games. Would be a pricey trip for sure, but would be an awesome time. Flights are a little tricky. I’m in Charlotte so I should be able to either go AA or I can drive down to Atlanta if needed to go Delta. Just trying to figure out the logistics, but I definitely want to go if things are safe and can make it work.

Reaction Score
Went and stayed in an air bnb one year and thought that was far preferable to resort costs. It was easy enough to get back and forth (was within walking distance). Would do it again.
Haven’t been, so I’m starting to look into it. I get what the resort is: you get charged extra for convenience and what it has. Curious how much an Air BnB was. Would imagine it’s quite a bit cheaper and more easily able to host a few more people obviously.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Haven’t been, so I’m starting to look into it. I get what the resort is: you get charged extra for convenience and what it has. Curious how much an Air BnB was. Would imagine it’s quite a bit cheaper and more easily able to host a few more people obviously.
I don't recall the exact price. @BUHusky and I ended up splitting the place after connecting on here.

Reaction Score
I don't recall the exact price. @BUHusky and I ended up splitting the place after connecting on here.
Quick search on the island and it looks way cheaper than the resort would be during the time frame of the tourney. Thanks, gonna look into this more for sure.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I plan on attending like the last tournament. Hard for me to plan right now. I booked everything real early last time. But looking over the COVID rules is confusing to me. Need to be tested prior to hoping on the plan. Within a 5 day window. Then tested again prior to leaving. Something like that. Maybe I am getting older and my comprehension is slowing down. If it doesn't meet their standards you are not allowed in. That is right now. What it will be in November remains to be seen. Honestly right or wrong, I don't see this COVID thing letting up any time soon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I plan on attending like the last tournament. Hard for me to plan right now. I booked everything real early last time. But looking over the COVID rules is confusing to me. Need to be tested prior to hoping on the plan. Within a 5 day window. Then tested again prior to leaving. Something like that. Maybe I am getting older and my comprehension is slowing down. If it doesn't meet their standards you are not allowed in. That is right now. What it will be in November remains to be seen. Honestly right or wrong, I don't see this COVID thing letting up any time soon.
No one has a crystal ball, but I would expect that, by fall, anyone in this country who wants the vaccine will have been vaccinated and the rules will be much different.

The AirBnB we booked is fully refundable until like a week beforehand, and the Atlantis reservations I looked at looked like they were, too.

I paid $25 extra per flight to make them fully refundable. Airline rules have changed a lot since the pandemic.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm so there, don't care if it pisses off my wife, I'm taking the bullet

After 36 years of marriage, it's OK to be a little defiant

PS: For those of you who may know her, don't tell her about this post

Reaction Score
After a couple drinks with my father yesterday, we called up Atlantis and reserved a hotel room for the tournament.

FYI- room payments do not need to be made until 30 days prior to your stay (you can reserve a room and a price for $0 right now).

You can cancel up to 15 days prior to visit for full refund. Prorated refund after that.

Flight and ticket packages with the room were not discounted. They gave us discount on the room but the flights and game tickets you will pay normal price. Flights from CT/NY can be found for around $500 round trip right now and ticket packages to all 12 games start at around $400.

Reaction Score
After a couple drinks with my father yesterday, we called up Atlantis and reserved a hotel room for the tournament.

FYI- room payments do not need to be made until 30 days prior to your stay (you can reserve a room and a price for $0 right now).

You can cancel up to 15 days prior to visit for full refund. Prorated refund after that.

Flight and ticket packages with the room were not discounted. They gave us discount on the room but the flights and game tickets you will pay normal price. Flights from CT/NY can be found for around $500 round trip right now and ticket packages to all 12 games start at around $400.
In 2011 I had those all session tickets but found we only wanted to attend the UConn games. All tix are for a 2 game session. You can also buy tix to follow your team( in our case UConn).

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
As previously reported last spring...

->Contracts have been signed for the Huskies’ men’s and women’s teams to take part in the Battle 4 Atlantis scheduled to be played at Atlantis Paradise Island on Paradise Island in Nassau, Bahamas the week of Thanksgiving.

The women’s tournament is set to run Saturday to Monday, Nov. 20-22. The men’s tournament is scheduled for Wednesday to Friday, Nov. 24-26.

The eight-team men’s field will also have Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, Loyola Chicago, Michigan State, Syracuse, and Virginia Commonwealth.

The eight-team women’s field will also include Buffalo, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse.<-
Hot take: Virginia Commonwealth is the third best team in this field next season. They return everyone of note from one of the best current mid major teams and have a legit AA candidate in Hyland.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom