UConn MBB training with ROTC | The Boneyard

UConn MBB training with ROTC

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
That's terrific. I'd go one step further. I'd tell the players first one who steps out of bounds during a game goes through Seal training and does a tour of duty in Afghanistan.
No worries about stepping out of bounds. Purvis is out of town!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No worries about stepping out of bounds. Purvis is out of town!
I don't believe Rodney stepped out of bounds once last 1/3 of season. The Boneyard fixed him. But someone else was guilty of doing it a few times. Can't remember who.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
2014-15 called, it wants its memes back.
That was good one bro, I see you haven't lost that great sense of humor. Cheers mate!
200_s.gif

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I don't believe Rodney stepped out of bounds once last 1/3 of season. The Boneyard fixed him. But someone else was guilty of doing it a few times. Can't remember who.
Vance

C

Chief00

The proud legacy from Dyson to Purvis. Stepping out of bounds was the one thing that irritated Blaney more than Calhoun.

Reaction Score

He stepped out of bounds at least once a game...EVERY GAME.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The proud legacy from Dyson to Purvis. Stepping out of bounds was the one thing that irritated Blaney more than Calhoun.
Because JC was all about hustle and defense. No hustle, no defense, no going all out in practice, you rode the pine. We all know why Kentan rode the pine for three years. Great kid but could not figure out defense even as he picked up offensive sets. Steve could have become a stud on offense but didn't get minutes because he didn't show the same energy on defense. Juwan was most likely in KO's doghouse because he would have been in JC's doghouse.

Funny how people can hold JC as one of the five best men's college bb coaches of all time and get aggravated with him when he overlooked certain flaws with his players that fans thought he shouldn't. And if KO is cut from the same UConn cloth, I find it humorous that people don't understand why he didn't give Steve, Juwan and young Kentan more playing time.

Reaction Score
Wow that was awesome! They better win a lot of games, so as not to waste that body beat down they just received.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Because JC was all about hustle and defense. No hustle, no defense, no going all out in practice, you rode the pine. We all know why Kentan rode the pine for three years. Great kid but could not figure out defense even as he picked up offensive sets. Steve could have become a stud on offense but didn't get minutes because he didn't show the same energy on defense. Juwan was most likely in KO's doghouse because he would have been in JC's doghouse.

Funny how people can hold JC as one of the five best men's college bb coaches of all time and get aggravated with him when he overlooked certain flaws with his players that fans thought he shouldn't. And if KO is cut from the same UConn cloth, I find it humorous that people don't understand why he didn't give Steve, Juwan and young Kentan more playing time.

Just to be clear, I never said Calhoun overlooked that flaw LOL. Just that Blaney , who was usually more mild manner, could not understand how a player could do it, and it would drive him crazy. He said he never recalled doing it in his own playing career. Many things would set Calhoun off, so his reaction did not stand out as much. LOL

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, I never said Calhoun overlooked that flaw LOL. Just that Blaney , who was usually more mild manner, could not understand how a player could do it, and it would drive him crazy. He said he never recalled doing it in his own playing career. Many things would set Calhoun off, so his reaction did not stand out as much. LOL
Even though I'm a casual fan your point was clear. Used your statement to bounce off a bigger complaint about how some fans prioritize their own perceptions of what coaches should do when said coaches may be also factoring in those problems but at a lower priority level.

KO is about kids pushing themselves to make themselves better, hustling on and off the court, and DEFENSE! They need a certain level of talent to leap over players with more talent but all things being equal the parameters are there.

C

Chief00

Even though I'm a casual fan your point was clear. Used your statement to bounce off a bigger complaint about how some fans prioritize their own perceptions of what coaches should do when said coaches may be also factoring in those problems but at a lower priority level.

KO is about kids pushing themselves to make themselves better, hustling on and off the court, and DEFENSE! They need a certain level of talent to leap over players with more talent but all things being equal the parameters are there.

Yeah, I agree KO loves defense and hustle. Those are great traits but my point @ Blaze was Calhoun did not get his teams over the threshold until he complemented those traits with scoring and shooting. At some point in a sport to reach an elite level, you need some offensive fire power.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree KO loves defense and hustle. Those are great traits but my point @ Blaze was Calhoun did not get his teams over the threshold until he complemented those traits with scoring and shooting. At some point in a sport to reach an elite level, you need some offensive fire power.
No doubt. That's why losing Terry and Alterique was significant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom