UConn MBB at Kennelly School in Hartford | The Boneyard

UConn MBB at Kennelly School in Hartford

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Alex needs new shoes. Oh, and really cool gesture by the team.

Reaction Score

I love the second from the right end of the huddle. After a few seconds of listening to Taliek, he turns to his teammate and, in an apparent act of indifference to Taliek's boring instructions, says, "Pass it to me!"

Reaction Score
I reffed a game there a couple of years ago right before the world shut down due to covid.

Kennelly was getting killed by some other hartford public middle school. In the fourth quarter the visiting team put in a tiny kid who clearly didn't play much, but the team was pumped he was in. ~10 seconds left to go in the game and the kid gets a fast break, goes up for a layup and is fouled. I considered just letting it go since the game was a blowout and it was a pretty weak foul, but wanted to send the kid to the line. The kid goes through his routine, bounces the ball x times, adjusts his sweatbands, makes a shooting motion, and puts up an air ball. Does his routine again, nothing but net. The players/bench/coach all go crazy. Time expires before Kennelly can get off a shot, and his team literally carries him off the court, chanting his name, ala Rudy.

Easily my best reffing moment.

Reaction Score
This is awesome.

My crowning achievement as an educator was bringing this to Kennelly four year ago when I was an intern at the school. Kennelly is a really special place with incredible educators & students deserving of all of this. They’re a huge partner with Husky Ticket Project now, too. Shoutout @PopcornHatKid.

It’s come a long way since year 1. Despite multiple attempts reaching out to anyone and everyone in the AD department, I couldn’t get any teams to come. I couldn’t get Jonathan either, so we knew we had to do something because the students were amped up for the pep rally & staff vs students basketball game to follow.

With no athletes or Jonathan available, we winged it. A friend who’s 6’4 showed up, tossed on a football jersey and pretended to be a UConn TE for the day. I think he enjoyed it as much as the students lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom